Greeves Championship 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very fast track too.........

You can hear a whining of the wind on the Go Pro as Michael heads up the start straight hill - takes the fast left handler and hits top along the straight......you can hear it on my vid's as well............. and as a taster of things to come....in Race 1 I manage to hold off the Griffon Slayer for a 3rd place ..b...just......but in race 2 I get a proper slaying as he takes fourth from me.......ouch !!
    Cheers Kim

Comment

• A great meeting and many thanks to Pete Griff, Colin Hill and their support team of the Northampton club for staging the event.
      Have to confess I found it tough going early on, with the ground so loose and stony in places it felt like we were riding on marbles . Take my hat off to all you fast guys, showing us lesser mortals how to do it. Many thanks to Mike for posting the video of his very accomplished ride aboard the Hawkstone, great to see it up there with the Griffons.
      Really enjoyed the six races I managed to squeeze in. Lets hope we're invited back there again next year.
      Looking forward to your video Kim, you had some great results on the day too!
      The next event at Stebbing should be interesting with the stream crossing to contend with. Could that mean there'll be less dust.

Comment

• The track may get some natural watering over the next few days!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
          A great meeting and many thanks to Pete Griff, Colin Hill and their support team of the Northampton club for staging the event.
          Have to confess I found it tough going early on, with the ground so loose and stony in places it felt like we were riding on marbles . Take my hat off to all you fast guys, showing us lesser mortals how to do it. Many thanks to Mike for posting the video of his very accomplished ride aboard the Hawkstone, great to see it up there with the Griffons.
          Really enjoyed the six races I managed to squeeze in. Lets hope we're invited back there again next year.
          Looking forward to your video Kim, you had some great results on the day too!
          The next event at Stebbing should be interesting with the stream crossing to contend with. Could that mean there'll be less dust.
          you are right Adrian - it was very tough early on ...but got better - my favourite ride was first pre65 on Mike Bell's Challenger...it flew round the track handled great I came second - nearly sneaked a win at the flag...and it gave me confidence to go for it in the first Greeves race,,,,,,,,by the way I also have some video footage of the pre-65 race with a certain stylish and fast Hawkstone racer taking centre stage

Again ditto your comments on Pete and Colin...they put on a great meeting, we should support them next year if we get a Greeves round !! - in fact I would do Sproxton even without a Greeves Round !
          Last edited by Kim275; 28/04/2015, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Here's my Race 1 Footage

Make sure you watch Michael's footage first - and then you get a different oerspective with this one. .......For the last lap and a half the Griffon Slayer (AKA Richard Hayward) was all over me like a rash....and if you watch closely you will see him attempting some passes - you see his wheel coming into the shot............
            Footage a iittle dusty - not worked out how to wipe the lens on the Helmet cam whilst charging down the back straight yet !!!

Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

Comment

• "A little dusty"! You must be kidding? Good job I wasn't there. I would definitely have been in everyone's way!
              Thanks Kim. More great footage. And well done keeping the Slayer in his place! (Sorry Richard!)

Comment

• I think one of the valves in Michael's heads-up radar display needs trimming, he kept running wide on the tight left-hander, losing time and places!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                  I think one of the valves in Michael's heads-up radar display needs trimming, he kept running wide on the tight left-hander, losing time and places!
                  That corner was a bugger, I did the same thing every time. Managed to get the hang of it on the last 2 laps of the day! Too late!

Comment

• And now some post race Banter ......

Good point andy - I also struggled on that one in the pre 65 race and lost 3 places in one lap...got the places back ....and then did the same two laps later with a stall to boot !!.......It looks a lot easier on the Vid than in real life...That was a very tough and demanding but fun track to race on !!

Some of the Banter captured post last race......and published by kind permission of the riders featured......Mike and Adam Bell, Ian Cox.....The Griffon Slayer and my Dad.....(well not actually - but here goes and I will seek forgiveness!!
                    Last edited by Kim275; 29/04/2015, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Sproxton Greeves Race 2 Highlights..

See Andy Z get a flyer at the start - and then get to understand what it is like when the Griffon Slayer gets his revenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                        See Andy Z get a flyer at the start - and then get to understand what it is like when the Griffon Slayer gets his revenge
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB5bcVXlKTY
                        Great vid, and it really shows how hard it was to see through the dust!

Comment

• Andy - agree with you .......I backed off the front three as i was struggling to see!! ...and lap time was slow...until Griffon Slayer got on my tail !!

Comment

• That Griffon Slayer is a wily fox! He must have followed you watching to see where he could take the alternative line when you were in a slow corner. Just like Jeff Smith did......

Comment

• BT have just laid fibre optic into the village. So at last I can actually watch YouTube videos.

Worth the wait, that race footage is terrific.

Now we need some of the mudhole at Stebbing...
                              Colin Sparrow

Comment

• Colin - Your wish is my command!!

Glad you like the footage - your feedback is appreciated....
                                I will get the Gopro fired up again for Stebbing on Monday - weather looks set fair....but with all the rain the stream that runs down the centre of the track should be full!! .........for those looking for a Bank Holiday day out in the country - I urge you to go to Stebbing...if you only do one meeting a year Stebbing is the best choice .....It is a beautiful location a classic Scrambles circuit fast flowing and with everything !.......most of the village turns out - so lots of spectators and a great atmosphere - and as you can get access inside the circuit it is the best track we use from a spectators point of view.you can have a nice lunchtime picnic ....and of course you can get a close up view point of the famous water crossing/mudhole where inevitably you won't be disappointed with thrills and spills ! ..The track is right in the centre of the village - with a Church at one end - and normally the vicar comes along and does a little sermon/prayer tailored for the riders.........the racing will be fast and furious as the series is really hotting up........what is there not to like !!
                                As always come and chat with the riders .....looking forward to seeing you all there
                                Cheers Kim
                                p.s there are two techniques for the mudhole.....ride through it's slippery wet underwater ruts - or try and jump it say no more but fortune normally favours the brave !!

Comment

Working...
                                X