No announcement yet.

Greeves Championship 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking as a spectator, I endorse all the comments about Stebbing.

All riders guaranteed to make a splash, regardless of technique, I assure you!
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

• Stebbing water splash ...........

Here's the Stebbing water splash from a previous year .......... 2004.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Whats stebbing like for access to viewing?

Hi all.

The reason I ask the above is my mum is not to good on her feet following a stroke years ago... She is not good on uneven ground.. So people honest input would be appreciated as if it's tricky, she will stay at home...

See you all Monday..

Regards

Scott 151

Comment

• It is a bit knobbly underfoot, but if you are not in the paddock, come in the entrance and turn right and a bit of the track is on your left. This includes a tight left into a straight with a jump, then right up hill. If you can park near that, she'll see a good bit. To get to the wet bit is probably 75 yards walk.

Comment

• Thanks Brian..

I think that answers her question...

Il have to show her Kim's footage after the event... Hopefully she will see me ahead of him... Me thinks not.....

Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
              BT have just laid fibre optic into the village. So at last I can actually watch YouTube videos.

Worth the wait, that race footage is terrific.

Now we need some of the mudhole at Stebbing...
              Great footage kim...thanks for the effort put in..., this is the sort of pr the gra needs, people watching bikes in action, thinking...yeah...i can do that!
              Shows are ok to a point, but the atmosphere of a scramble, the smell of caked mud & castrol r40, speak volumes.... keep it up kim.....

Comment

• Dangerous Dick and myself are just on the point of getting leave passes approved for the 100 mile thingy. We are willing to assist where we can and can arrive on Friday and bring the official GRA Summer Palace.

All we need is some passes to get in and camp on the Friday. Anyone any spares please! Recompense to be provided via refreshment facility (beer tent). Bad memories of that last time, ended up penniless and I think Mr Sewell helped out with that!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                  Here's the Stebbing water splash from a previous year .......... 2004.
                  Hi John, that's an impressive sequence through the stream crossing, looks like you were in total control to, I'd be proud to have those sitting on show at home as a reminder of a great day. Don't remember it being as deep as that since. Was it really 11 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    Dangerous Dick and myself are just on the point of getting leave passes approved for the 100 mile thingy. We are willing to assist where we can and can arrive on Friday and bring the official GRA Summer Palace.

All we need is some passes to get in and camp on the Friday. Anyone any spares please! Recompense to be provided via refreshment facility (beer tent). Bad memories of that last time, ended up penniless and I think Mr Sewell helped out with that!
                    Hope you get your leave of duty, sorry no spare passes, but its gonna be good to see you both, if you can, park the hospitality suite in the official greeves entertainment area ( right hand field on entry ) ...
                    Last edited by dave higgins; 01/05/2015, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                      Hi all.

The reason I ask the above is my mum is not to good on her feet following a stroke years ago... She is not good on uneven ground.. So people honest input would be appreciated as if it's tricky, she will stay at home...

See you all Monday..

Regards

Scott 151
                      If you get there reasonably early and turn right as you enter the circuit you should be able to park by the ropes with a view of the long straight with an excellent jump in the middle of it. Mum wouldn't even have to get out of the car. Or could sit in a chair right by it.
                      Colin Sparrow

Comment

• Stebbing Wow - still recovering and reminiscing

Boy - what a packed race calendar us Greeves riders have .......Sproxton, Stebbing and then Mortimer in back to back weekends.....I can quote a comment when DH was asking riders whether to organise another Greeves round in the 6 week gap we will have after Marks tey...answer "if you set up a Greeves round - you call it and if there are Greeves only races and points we will be there !!"...The lads are committed...or may be should be .....

Well Stebbing.......where do I start.......brilliant Weather cracking days racing.....fierce close exciting - thrills... spills.... breakdown's ...very large spectator turnout ....you name it we had it...Catty and Colin S captured some great photo's and I have some helmet cam footage most of which survived the attentions of the dreaded water splash......unlike me on my MDS (unfortunately capture on film !!)

Some great performances - our own Andy Z on form and a great holeshot, Scotty making a welcome return from the Stud and scoring well on the Hawkstone - SAM Heitman getting some great finishes with a 3rd and 4th on his return after injury.......Ricky with a first and second - Matt V with a win and a third .......Gary Missing out with bike trouble....John Bathgate right up in the group behing the first 3 ....in fact I spent most o fthe Greeves races in a private battle with John...I edged it in teh first and john the second race .. in fact action all the way form the front to the back of the field !!

a couple of Brian's links on the pre-65 facebook page ....

First one - Greeves close racing with Matt V, Dave Watson and Sam Heitman

Second one - look at the amazing sequence and save of the day form the race leader out of the water splash Rikky Widdowson ..Brilliant !!

And here is the action from Greeves race 1

Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

Richard the Griffon Slayer - carried on his great feats in the Greeves - but unfortunately had a big off in another race just after the water spash......we were worried - but happy to report he was up an about - albeit rather dazed and missed the last Greeves race.....and his last comment before leaving the meeting was "see you all at Mortimer"
                        Cheers Kim
                        Last edited by Kim275; 06/05/2015, 08:05 AM. Reason: adding helmet cam action

Comment

• Great footage Kim

Thanks for posting Kim, really enjoyed the video....

I couldn't believe my start... I was second very briefly

I seemed to be following Andy z round in all the races... A great day except for many missed gears on the hawkstone... Seemed to get it sorted by the last race... Enjoyed the track as never ridden there before.

You really notice the lack of fitness of not riding all that regularly, after 2 laps I felt pooped.

Good luck for the Mortimer lads. Il be thinking of you all while I'm at my uncles 60th birthday party...

Scotty 151

Comment

• Well done all who have kept up with the busy scrambles schedule. You deserve every one of those Championship points! Thanks Dave and Graeme for recording and turning round the results so swiftly and effectively.
                            And thanks Kim and others for the brilliant footage, and Brian and all the other talented photographers attending the Pre 65 events nowadays and posting for all to enjoy.
                            Keep up the superb work!

Comment

• Great footage Kim, pity I can be seen just after the water splash after stalling the 360! I'm still not sure what happened, it just died for a moment....

Comment

• Thanks all for your great feedback - and I trust those who have taken time to watch my Helmet Cam action and look at Brian's great photo's have enjoyed them .........as a competitor as well as an enthusiast - if it helps bring it to life for folks who used to compete and/or are interested enthusiasts - then the effort is worth while..........It was amazing at Stebbing how many spectators came up and chatted in the pits, eitehr had or still have a Greeves bike - and we generated a lot of interest in Greeves and the GRA ..

I won't get time to load the rest of the footage as we all have our work cut oyut to get bikes ready for the Mortimer 100 miler and Greeves round on Sunday.hopefully catch up with a few of your there...and indeed our esteemed Chairman will be heading up the pit crew !!........but there is some exciting footage to come which I will release over the next few weeks.
                                Cheers Kim
                                GREEVES RIDERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

Working...
                                X