No announcement yet.

Greeves Championship 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great footage as always, I'm really missing the racing, but not the dust! I think the crash was just one of those unavoidable race incidents.

Comment

• It looked much like the situation that I captured and is now featured on the Pre-65 FB page. The slightest misjudgement by one rider leaves the other with nowhere to go, so a fall or a touch is most likely. As they say, That's racing! Nothing deliberate, just 2 guys wanting the same space on the track.

Comment

• Has anyone got the latest championship newsletter from Dave Harper they could scan in and post on here? I'd be very grateful.

Cheers,
        Andrew

Comment

• Hi Andy - if you can wait till Sunday evening - I will have the latest results including rnd 6 .... btw Chesty Cam will get its first Greeves Champ outing so hopefully some good footage to follow
          Cheers Kim

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
            Hi Andy - if you can wait till Sunday evening - I will have the latest results including rnd 6 .... btw Chesty Cam will get its first Greeves Champ outing so hopefully some good footage to follow
            Cheers Kim
            Good idea! I might turn up to spectate if I can get the Mrs to give me a lift!

Many thanks,
            Andrew

Comment

• Andy Z shows off his leg cast at MArks Tey

...and how he runs things in his Family......don't argue with Dad!!

Comment

• Dave Watson entertaining the crowd

Footage of Dave Watson on his CZ...well actually off his CZ at Marks Tey - in front of the past masters of Scrambling ...
                Fortunately Dave only suffering a broken clutch lever and hurt pride !

Comment

• An Eventful and exciting round at Marks Tey Yesterday

Round 7 was exciting - a twistier track layout than normal - was very testing fo r the morning races ....with a slippery surface and light rain - lots of powerslides and mishaps. By the afternoon as the track dried - the races got quicker. Matt McCulloch had a great day with two wins in the points races.
                  Good to see Sam Heitman back and flying on his Vhallenger - mixing it at the front with the Griffon's ...and of course our very own Scotty was on form on the challenger as well ( ...yes you know the one you are polishing for Battles bridge !!)

I had a Griffon Slaying free day !! avoiding Wayward Hayward (thx Scotty for that one) by keeping him behind.......only just though in race 3.........

Race 2 was red flagged - and re-run - but don't believe any injuries sustained ? (any news folks on that one?)

Race 3 was shortened to a 3 lap sprint

The Dave Bickers East Anglian Grand National was eventful.........Pre 74's starting after the pre-68's.........and was red flagged after several of the pre-68's threw themselves across the track in front of the Past Masters VIP tent!

Chesty Cam proved to be trickier on the Griffon than the Yam - so will re-adjust mounting position (maybe Neck Cam next time) - but the footage will give you an idea of the excitement.......and what it is like for the rider !

Comment

• and this is why I race with the Greeves Boys......

The start at MArks tey proved tricky - with a couple of small ditches/furrows running across the first right hander - and then up an over a "jump" into the next right hander all in slippery conditions - giving lots of incidents.........watch this one and spot Ricky sideswiping me over that one as I follow Greg Radley........It was as they say a racing incident.......and fair play to Ricky for putting his hand up - and also checking no issue afterwards in the pit's

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                      ...and how he runs things in his Family......don't argue with Dad!!

Oh no! I didn't realise you had that thing switched on, how embarrassing!

Comment

• More great footage Kim...

Really enjoyed yesterday....

Very fast course layout.. Definitely well suited to the griffons..

My hawkstone was going really well, I briefly got by Kim on his 400 griffon in race one...I was battling with mike dustace most of the day..

My dad was also going better, fighting his arthritis with gritted teeth bless him...

They did seem to stop the racing abit to easily yesterday IMO..

The british two stroke qualifier I got the 360 out, I hadn't ridden it in ages, boy the corners come quick on that one, I even beat the griffon slayer (on a griffon) and finished 5th.. Well pleased with that one.

In the grand national, I was all lined up and ready AND Richard wayward points out my flat rear tyre... Bugger.... Back to the pits and got the hawkstone out again... Finished well down in that..

The hawkstone is making a clicking noise in first gear now, i think I've lost a tooth of the gear, il have to check....

Thanks again for the footage Kim, makes you feel like your there

Scotty aka vicars grip...

Comment

• Mike Dust Ace and Wayward Hayward..Vicars Grip on Form !

Bet Mike Dust Ace and Wayward Hayward has a few battles in the slippery conditions!!

Nice one Vicar's Grip AKA Scotty ............it was a great day's racing - good to see your dad out there battling away.

Re the red flagging - agree with you.......in the Grand National Final - all the fast pre-68 riders fell off - and as we came through on pre74's they stopped it............the joke in the Pit's was that if it was a gaggle of Greeves riders instead they would keep racing and ask us to move out the way before the trick BSA's come round again

Glad you enjoyed the footage - see you and Stephen at Battlesbridge hopefully
                          Cheers Kim

Comment

• The Red flag in the second Greeves race (first points scorer) was for very good reason. I was right there and came across one of our top men flat out on the ground in a precarious location on a narrower part of the track and on a hairpin bend. I parked my bike across the track in case the First Aiders needed the time before the rest of the field responded to the Red flag. Fortunately, said rider was back on his feet in a couple of minutes and able to continue with the re-run.

Comment

• Hi John,
                              Thanks for the update on the Red Flag in Race 2 ...and also for your prompt and unselfish action - and glad that no injuries sustained...who was the rider ?
                              Cheers Kim

Comment

• He'll probably make himself known to you, Kim ........ I wouldn't want to break a confidence (if that is what it is?)

Thanks for your paddock assistance, by the way.
                                Last edited by johnrunnacles; 16/06/2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X