Greeves Championship 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
    ................Not as Good as Andy's track comeback though Thommo !!

AN eventful meeting yesterday at Maylandsea - Conditions were slippery and the track cut up - to make it an interesting days racing.........I have some good footage of the three races - which I will upload - including a crash in race two - several dodgy overtaking manouvers - and some good racing action...........The pit action and banter, sausage rolls and pork pies were up to there usual standards as well !!

Let's start with Alan Boyce - he had an eventful day -crashed early on and broke his thumb - bravely (stupidly) carried on racing and crashed another two times.......but that wasn't the end of it..........He loaded up his van adn then we heard a crash......take a look at the picture !...maybe he should close the door next time

What a great day! Can't wait to see the headcam footage! Bit sad about Alan, I had no idea, maybe I should park nearer to you guys next time. Hope his thumb and bike fix up OK!

Comment

It was a good enjoyable day with lots of sliding about on the mud. I got shoved into the ropes in two of the three races, but managed to stay upright.
      Kim nearly took me and a couple of other riders out when he slid-off in the second race, but he soon got back on and overtook me at the finish line.
      In the third race I hit Adrian up the back when he got crossed-up in the deep ruts. We both ended up leaning on the ropes but got going again well behind the pack. No damage to the bike and only a sore little finger which must have hit a post. Many thanks to all those who gave up their time to set up and organise the meeting and to Dave Harper and Geoff Nunn for running the Greeves Championship.
      John A - 268

Comment

Originally posted by John-Boy View Post
        It was a good enjoyable day with lots of sliding about on the mud. I got shoved into the ropes in two of the three races, but managed to stay upright.
        Kim nearly took me and a couple of other riders out when he slid-off in the second race, but he soon got back on and overtook me at the finish line.
        In the third race I hit Adrian up the back when he got crossed-up in the deep ruts. We both ended up leaning on the ropes but got going again well behind the pack. No damage to the bike and only a sore little finger which must have hit a post. Many thanks to all those who gave up their time to set up and organise the meeting and to Dave Harper and Geoff Nunn for running the Greeves Championship.
        John,

I was looking for you all day! Where did you park? I think you must have left soon after the last Greeves race?

Cheers,
        Andrew

Comment

Andy yes park up with the Posse next time .... I thought you rode really well on your comeback and your challenger was flying . John looks like you were having lots of fun mixing it up there . When you see the footage you will see why I caused mayhem going into the right hander after the start of the second race.
          I had to do a lot of overtaking in race 2 and 3 ( got a bad start in race 3 ) it shows that all the way through the field there is really good racing ... Love it !!
          Cheers Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
            Andy yes park up with the Posse next time .... I thought you rode really well on your comeback and your challenger was flying . John looks like you were having lots of fun mixing it up there . When you see the footage you will see why I caused mayhem going into the right hander after the start of the second race.
            I had to do a lot of overtaking in race 2 and 3 ( got a bad start in race 3 ) it shows that all the way through the field there is really good racing ... Love it !!
            Cheers Kim
            Kim - who was that who went sideways at the start line at in races 2 & 3? Totally ruined my starts!
            I'm so pleased at the way the Challenger is running, and the gearbox is perfect! Geoff Nunn is the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
              John,

I was looking for you all day! Where did you park? I think you must have left soon after the last Greeves race?

Cheers,
              Andrew
              I was on the right near the entrance, ready for a quick exit! I was on the far left on the start line, next to Ian Cox in all three races. I looked out for you but didn't see you.
              Geoff Nunn converted my gearbox from a box of neutrals to a proper four-speeder - proper job!
              Glad to see you back in the saddle.
              John A - 268

Comment

Maylandsea Round 2 - First Race Video

Well - actually not a race vid - its post race in the Pits - the backdrop is Mike Bell was having problems with his Challenger - finding false neutrals ........and Alan had been to see Nursey after a ickle off on the track ........................
                Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

Enjoy ...plenty more to come..........

Comment

And finally some race action....Rnd 3 Race 3 - last 2 laps for Andy Z

This one is for Andy Z - the comeback kid !! footage from the last two laps or so of race 3. After a bad start - I am trying to gain some places - when......I spy Andy Z in the distance on the tail of John Bathgate - in I think 7th place...............Turn up the volume - Enjoy Kim
                  Greeves Championship 2015 Round 2 Maylandsea Race 3 part 2

Comment

Great video Kim

Thanks for posting Kim...

Lovely display of the Morley undertake on Andy and john.

The qub and Andy's 360 sound lovely....

Il should be at stebbing, I'm gunna get my 360 out to play..

Good luck for those entered sproxton, great course that...

Scott

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                      This one is for Andy Z - the comeback kid !! footage from the last two laps or so of race 3. After a bad start - I am trying to gain some places - when......I spy Andy Z in the distance on the tail of John Bathgate - in I think 7th place...............Turn up the volume - Enjoy Kim
                      Greeves Championship 2015 Round 2 Maylandsea Race 3 part 2

Brilliant footage Kim!
                      Thanks for showing how John and I cocked-up that corner!!!

Comment

• Race 2 - Crash Just after the start

And for John Boy - here is why I went down after the start in the second race.......Dave Watson I think going in too hot and sliding in front of me...
                        .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M95jHmEFPI

And John - thanks for your fast reactions - that could have been nasty !!

Comment

• Kim
                          Pretty close wasn't it! Just missed your front wheel by a couple of inches.
                          John
                          John A - 268

Comment

• Round 2 Maylandsea Race 2 in full ......

Comment

• Round 2 Maylandsea Race 3 First part

This is the first half of race 3 posted in an earlier thread (the battle with Andyz and John Bathgate) ....this first half shows good footage of most of the riders (apart from the leaders due to a poor start !) and demonstrates in the Greeves Championship you get good racing throughout the field.

Richard Hayward showing good style and speed to ride through the pack from a poor start and Ian Cox going really well on his QUB - took two laps to get past Hide form the missus - turn up the volume and enjoy
                              !!
                              Last edited by Kim275; 08/04/2015, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Great footage all round, thanks Kim. I didn't need to be astride a bike to enjoy the rides!

Comment

Working...
                                X