No announcement yet.

Greeves Championship 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant footage Kim, I see you have speeded the film up a bit. Glad there is racing at the back of the grid, thats where I will be by the looks of things.

Craig

Comment

• Cheers john and Craig for your feedback - much appreciated.

Craig - you will love it at whatever pace you want to race...and you may surprise yourself .....Just look at Andy Z - first race back and he flies up front and probably finishes top 7.......mind you nobody told him the format has changed and you don't get points for race 1 - it's effectively extra practice

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
        Cheers john and Craig for your feedback - much appreciated.

Craig - you will love it at whatever pace you want to race...and you may surprise yourself .....Just look at Andy Z - first race back and he flies up front and probably finishes top 7.......mind you nobody told him the format has changed and you don't get points for race 1 - it's effectively extra practice
        Yep, I had no idea it was a no points race!

Comment

• Results and standings after Round 2 Maylandsea

From Dave Harper via Graeme Smith....Thanks

Brilliant 3rd place in race 2 from Michael Eustace on his Hawkstone propelling him up the leader board. Matt Valentine heading the pack with 2 second place this time round......and don't forget the sterling work from our very own Andy Z first meeting back with a 5, 8 , 8 !! (note an 8, 8 5 would score better !!)

Races 2 and 3 count for championship points.....
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Kim275; 11/04/2015, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• I have just compiled a set of photos of the first 2 meetings and will (hopefully) be able to show them at the AGM tomorrow.

Comment

• Greeves Championship round 3 - Sproxton

Sproxton? - where's that you might say? - and indeed a question that a lot of the Greeves championship competitors will need to work out by Sunday morning....

The straight answer to the question - is Miles from Anywhere - in deepest darkest Leicestershire - near Melton Mowbray.

So Satnavs to the ready and we hit the trail to round 3 - hosted by the Northampton Club - Peter Griffiths and the boys will look after us
              ........It's 4 years since we last visited and that was a great days racing - so hoping the weather stays good for racing - and hoping to mix it up a bit and get you guys some footage...... and of course in the unlikely event any of you Greeves enthusiasts are coming or are in the area - come along say hi and enjoy some great classic racing action ....the series is hotting up - with a tough top 6 - which is going to get even closer!. It will be fast furious at the front and fun all the way through the field

I will be adjourning to the bar of the Crown inn Sproxton Saturday evening with my race mechanic (my old man ) to work out race tactics - talk through the course, lines, jumps , start positions, likely weather conditions - ..........well to slug a few beers actually so anybody within range come along !!

Between now and then though I need to get up to Walsall to insert the rebuilt engine (Many thanks to Simon form Nametab for sorting out so quickly !) into the frame before heading onto Sproxton

Cheers Kim

Comment

• Lestoor.....

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                Sproxton? - where's that you might say?....in deepest darkest Leicestershire.....
                Hi Kim,

Yes indeed...the county of my origin (or 'creation', depending on which particular scientist you talk to....)

Used to go to Tilton-on-the Hill to watch scrambles as a yoof.....nice part of the world, even if it's where I came from....

Hope you all have a great weekend and some good safe racing bud.

Brian.
                Last edited by Brian Thompson; 24/04/2015, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Sroxton Initial Report video's to follow soon ......

A great meeting at Sproxton yesterday - with 20 Greeves riders making the trip to pay hommage to the birthplace of Thommo.........actually to race....we were blessed with beautiful weather and a fast flowing racing track.......and an ensuing dust bowl. An eventful meeting with 3 good and as usual competitive Greeves races with some close racing ........I will post some vids this week of all 3 races.

John Bathgate broke a primary drive chain - so riders and Dave HArper rallied round, found a replacement chain and dismantled the primary drive in the interval to fix.....would have worked but for an elusive replacement woodruff key ...and then Graeme and Gary Smith came to the rescue and loaned John Gary's championship winning Griffon !!...It would have been a long trip for no reward so thanks to the Smith's for helping John secure championship points to keep him in the hunt !!
                  More soon
                  Cheers Kim

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                    A great meeting at Sproxton yesterday - with 20 Greeves riders making the trip to pay hommage to the birthplace of Thommo.........actually to race....we were blessed with beautiful weather and a fast flowing racing track.......and an ensuing dust bowl. An eventful meeting with 3 good and as usual competitive Greeves races with some close racing ........I will post some vids this week of all 3 races.

John Bathgate broke a primary drive chain - so riders and Dave HArper rallied round, found a replacement chain and dismantled the primary drive in the interval to fix.....would have worked but for an elusive replacement woodruff key ...and then Graeme and Gary Smith came to the rescue and loaned John Gary's championship winning Griffon !!...It would have been a long trip for no reward so thanks to the Smith's for helping John secure championship points to keep him in the hunt !!
                    More soon
                    Cheers Kim
                    Look forward to seeing the vids Kim! Can you see anything through the dust?

What a lovely place Sproxton is. Perfect weather too, although a bit of overnight rain would have helped the dusty track conditions.

It was so frustrating not to find a suitable woodruff, especially after we managed to take the whole thing to bits with, errr.. rudimentary tools!

Cheers,
                    Andrew

Comment

• Thanks for the prompt report back, Kim and Andy. Sorry I didn't make the meeting ............ a "double shame" because I always carry a spare woodruff key .......... or two!
                      Looking forward, now, to the helmet-cams ..........

Comment

• greeves championship 2015

You must be cream crackerd Kim! all that hairing about to get the bike sorted, travelling all over and then getting a report in this morning,.

Well done to you all , look forward to the videos mate

Comment

• Onboard video of race 1

Sproxton - what a great track that is. A bit dusty but a welcomed change to the usual venue's.

Here's my onboard video from the first (non-championship) Greeves race of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmjdyeBaJnk

Michael
                          Michael Eustace - www.classicmxrider.com

Comment

• Great footage, thanks Michael. Hawkstone going really well! Dust looked deadly, though?

Comment

• Great footage Michael ..... Again you were flying on your Hawkstone !!!
                              I will post one of the same race soon !!!
                              For those that can't recognise the riders in the dust .Gary Smith (black and red ) leads with Michael second on first lap . Then Ricky takes Second ( black and white top) me third ( blue top) and Richard fourth (black top) . And that's how it stayed but I had to fight off the Griffon slayer for two laps and that wasn't easy!!!
                              That was one hell of a race !!
                              Last edited by Kim275; 28/04/2015, 08:27 AM. Reason: typo's

Comment

• Great footage! Ended up with sore eyes from all that dust! Clouds were impressive too! Michael's bike sounds great with not a hint of pinking. Keep on riding!

Comment

Working...
                                X