No announcement yet.

Greeves Championship 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll add my thanks to Kim for the video. It is not surprising that Kim got more reaction on Facebook, seeing that the total following of Greeves Enthusiasts, Nicholson Motors and Pre-65 MX Club pages exceeds 1600 persons. Obviously, there is some overlap, but the number of individual followers must be over the 1000 mark. Those of us who are Facebook users waste no opportunity to plug the GRA to advertise the benefits of membership.

Comment

"Reaction" referred to was to Kim's published misfortune with the MDS "coming apart" ........ to view his helmet-cam video, F/B "friends" are invited to follow a link to this Forum ............. Surely a good way to spread the Good News about the GRA?
      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 27/03/2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Where's the LIKE button, John?

Comment

We only need one button on here.....

Brian.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
            We only need one button on here.....

Brian.
            Nice one Brian!

I've always thought "like" buttons are a bit of a cop-out. They're mostly for people who can't be bothered to make an intelligent comment.

Comment

Mike Bell Greeves Challenger Race 2 or 3

Let's see if u guys LIKE this footage - now aboard Mike Bell's Challenger in Greeves Championship Race 2 or 3 (it's not race 1 as labelled) .........You get a good view of the leaders into the first couple of corner's..........and if you freeze frame it at 39 seconds - look across to the right at the leader - Matt McCulloch popping a massive power wheelie as he accelerates out of the tight 180 deg right hander.............Superb !!

This footage is fairly typical Greeves Championship racing - duals going on all thorughout the pack..............Mike is battling first with Steve Chappell (Vicar's Grip) on his hawkstone and then a really good battle hunting down Kiwi ex Speedway ace Graeme Smith (black leather race pants and red top - and father of the current Greeves Champion, Gary ) on his Banana twinport Griffon - yes the one testing his latest race tuned flexible silencer (another feature of Greeves racing is dodging bits flying off bikes (normally mine )
              It also highlights how the championship works with Griffon,s , Challengers (large and small cc) and Hawkstones racing together .
              ..Mike finally gets past at 3min 30 sec ..........It's then steady until Mike catches up with the backmarkers at 5min 20 secs.......which again demonstrates what I really love about Dave's series, Anybody can join the fun as long as you have a Greeves you can enjoy a great days racing or riding. We have a range of abilities from Fast race aces down to Higgo's (only kidding ) - young and old.......Fathers and sons racing together, In this race we have the Chappels, Smith's and Hayward's (Luck for Scotty his dad didn't knock him off.......this time !! ) .........must be tough fighting for the ketchup in that household !!).
              ..and finally onto the last lap and Mike demonstrates why he really should get some new brake shoes fitted !

Enjoy

Last edited by Kim275; 28/03/2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Great vid kim.....glad i`m out next w/end....winter break is to long....
                As for down to my level...... i absolutely refuse to ride fast...i`m not spilling my beer for anyone......

Comment

Thanks Kim. I DO like!! (Kicking myself, now, for not being there!)

Comment

Really Wheelie

As per Kim's post, the McCulloch power demo!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great photo Brian

Matt's German insert working a treat !! - that is a picture of real concentration.......power and balance ..........the QUB has bags of power - Matt is shutting off at that point!!

Comment

NEXT ROUND at Maylandsea is ON, the track is OK, but the paddock and parking areas need attention. Please park where directed on arrival or sink out of sight......

Comment

A message from our Championship leader

That's Daver Harper - not Matt Valentine
                          Just spoken to DH and on Sunday we will go round the pits and collect email addresses from all the Riders - so we can circulate results sooner....... and he is also chuffed with all the feedback and positive comments about the racing. Good to see Dave getting online and reading our posts - that alone makes it worthwhile for me.

Cheers Kim
                          p.s Brian C - thanks for the update on Maylandsea- looking forward to it........

Comment

Maylandsea here we go!!!

Finally ready!

Unlike some riders last week I will need to do some careful running in. I've warmed it up a few times in the garage cough, cough. I can't do it outside as I live very close to some stables. It would be great to ride it around a field for a while, but I don't know any friendly farmers.

Apologies to the alloy mudguard obsessives on here, but those mudguards have been on the bike for a very long time.

Last edited by Andy Z; 31/03/2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Looks very purposeful to me, good luck & be kind to it during running in
                              I like the kickstart on your bike any idea where it came from?

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by cray View Post
                                Looks very purposeful to me, good luck & be kind to it during running in
                                I like the kickstart on your bike any idea where it came from?

Colin
                                Hi Colin,

The kickstart is from Terry Weedy, Avery products: http://www.terryweedy.com/index.html

Its not that good actually, as it hits the gear lever, and bends quite easily. Also, the ball which normally keeps it in it's parked position doesn't work very well and it end up flapping around mid-race, hence the rubber band holding it in!
                                The originals are best, but rare as hens teeth.

Cheers,
                                Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X