No announcement yet.

Greeves Championship 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had a few variations of my surname......

Comment

All I need is a Motoplat ignition that works and then I can release Dangerous Dick on to the track and that should reduce the field. Who was it who had rotating knives on the chariot wheels, Boadicea? Well, he won't need those to wreak havoc!

I might even bring out the Hawkstone and not seize it up if I fit my top-secret cylinder head (owing much to rocket technology, well, a surform file actually).

Good luck to all riders!

Comment

Time for a quick engine rebuild, or have I left it a bit late?

Comment

Looking good Andy

Looks like a nice base to the 360 lump, you have some busy nights ahead... That will need a good running in mate...

Cu on the line... Il be running mine in aswell, and my dad has to run his in aswell, and Kim's motors new so will probably need running in... Maybe we could be the GRIA (Greeves Running In Association)

Scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
            Looks like a nice base to the 360 lump, you have some busy nights ahead... That will need a good running in mate...

Cu on the line... Il be running mine in aswell, and my dad has to run his in aswell, and Kim's motors new so will probably need running in... Maybe we could be the GRIA (Greeves Running In Association)

Scotty
            Hi Scott,

Yes, must resist to whack the throttle open! I thought the season opener was usually non-championship but that doesn't seem to be the case any more. Oh well, I'll have a plod around...

Andrew
            new race number: 101

Comment

Good number

I will have to get my 360 photographed next to yours, with my number 151 and yours 101 would make for an interesting shot...

I need to sort a couple of minor jobs on it, il have that out later in the season.

I thought the same about the 1st round, never mind.......

Scott

Comment

Another thing worth mentioning to members riding in the Greeves series is the cut-off dates for entry forms are really tight now. The entries for Maylandsea in April need to be in before the 21st March.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
                  Time for a quick engine rebuild, or have I left it a bit late?

Hi Andy, after seeing your magnificent crank and cases I think I should change the name of my thread to "QUB lash it together bodge up build"
                  Good luck in the race.
                  Craig

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                    Hi Andy, after seeing your magnificent crank and cases I think I should change the name of my thread to "QUB lash it together bodge up build"
                    Good luck in the race.
                    Craig
                    You haven't seen the outside of the bike!!!

Comment

Roll on Maylandsea!

Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances I won't make it to Mark's Tey!

This is partly due to not being able to find half of my 360, and partly due to my son being selected to play in the end of year hockey match. Oh well. See you all at Maylandsea!

Comment

Bad luck Andy ! See u at MAylandsea cheers Kim

Comment

That's a shame Andy, I was looking forward to seeing you in your suit of Lycra

Comment

Thanks for your very kind mention, Kim, but I regret that I will not be making my latest comeback on Sunday after all. Well done all, though, in continuing to give the Series your support, so richly deserved by Dave H for his tireless work in carrying it forward.

Ride safely, all!

jonah
                            Last edited by johnrunnacles; 21/03/2015, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks JR!

Shame you will miss it - we will miss you---look forward to the next one !
                              Cheers Kim
                              p.s and good to see you back on the forum out of hibernation Adrian - we have missed you and Rob !

And I am in Walsall with my Dad - co founder of OBR (Old Boy Racing) picking up the MDS ready for Sunday....and boy have the old boys done a good job.......it's even been on a rolling road (Dynamometer for those with a scientific mindset) - to prove err...well what we already could guiess....that its a good job the Hawkstones and MDS's are light - as they don't pump too much to the back wheel be it Lb feet torque or HP ( the next bike on the Dynamometer was a 200hp BMW) but everybody loved the Greeves ) ......but what they do pump is quality scrambling power right there when u need it !!
                              Roll on Sunday Happy Days - Cheers all
                              Last edited by Kim275; 21/03/2015, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                                .......it's even been on a rolling road (Dynamometer for those with a scientific mindset)
                                So what's the MDS got at the back wheel? I always wondered what bhp these bikes really have.

Comment

Working...
                                X