• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gosfield results

Race by race
    Attached Files

Comment

• Nice videos, wish I was out there with you guys Love riding in mud but not much chance of that here in SoCal

Comment

• It's maylansea next weekend

Hi all,

The pre65 club are running its 30th anniversary meeting next Sunday.

I'm going to have a ride with the griffon slayer in the 30 lap relay race...

The plan is I am going to go first on my 360 mx4 and get us up within the first 29, then Richard is going to ride the second half on his 250 mx4, hopefully we should make the top 27 by the end? ( theres 30 teams)

Oh and there's the Greeves Championship races aswell, if I'm not to tired.......

Scotty #151#
        Last edited by scott151; 20/08/2015, 06:17 AM. Reason: Better wording

Comment

• Bump

Just bumping yesterday's thread

Comment

• Hi Scott, it'll be good to see you out again this year and especially in the 15 lap(30 total) team event. Knowing the Maylandsea circuit that'll be a good half hours worth each. Teamed up with Griffon Slayer then I reckon your setting your sites a little on the low side, 27th indeed, more like a top ten position in my book. So no pressure then.
            All being well, and for the first time since April, I'm hoping to be out on my trick Hawkstone. You know, the one with Suzuki piston, Maico rod, Electronic ignition and Mikuni carb.
            I'll be giving the team event a miss, as neither bike or body are likely to survive it. Oh, and also to give you youngsters a better chance of glory.

Comment

• Adrian, is that the the same one that's got the supercharger? or is that the chap in the saddle!!

Comment

• Possibly, but only after a curry!

Comment

• 30mins...

Oh no...

30 mins in the saddle, never thought of it like that..

Hopefully make the top 10, with my low fitness level and sweet tooth I will need Rich to go better than me though..

Should be fun, lots of good teams entered.

Matt McCullock/ Ricky Widdowson

John/Will Bateup

Dave Godley/Greg Radley

Gene/Daniel Womack

Warren Bennett/Sam Appleton

That's just to name a few......

Scott

Comment

• Enjoy

Good luck to yourself & richard scott, sounds like a cracking race.....

Comment

• Sounds like Iced water might be needed!

Comment

• Nice one scotty ..... Some great pairings but with u and Rich you will be up there and We will be rooting for you in the team race .... Ice Man suggest u bring the defribulator as well!

Also look out for our.own Craig AkA (Griffon 380) making his comeback in the Greeves Championship on his fine Griffons ...race number 888 Let's give him a warm welcome and all the support he needs ..... Cheers see you all there Kim

Comment

• Maylandsea Round 10 - a Summer Cracker

despite the best efforts of an English summer we were greeted by a fairly dry Maylandsea - which became a great race track as the day progressed......

We had a bumper field of 33 Greeves over the line......format different this round with only 2 races - Both to count ..as there was a the afternoon team race to make way.....(more on that later)

The racing was only exceeded by the pit banter ..great to see some old faces e.g Richard Cox turning up for the 30th Anniversary ...and a good turn out of our regulars with John Bathgate , Mike Bell Ian Cox , Richard Hayward, Punchy all putting in some good stints...... well after Punchy recovered from his surprise Bear Hug ...........
                          Great to see Craig AKA Greeves 380 making his comeback supported by a Blu Marine crew ......he had an impressive first outing ........finishing 20th despite his left footrest bolt falling out at the start !! - Nice one Craig - welcome to the Greeves family ........

Race 1 was eventful - with Matt McCulloch going down on the second bend and getting a Griffon in his back for his trouble (you can see the footage when I post after tonight) ........I had to battle through to get a 4th........Punchy who was in my wake decided to do a swan dive and crashed out ( "what on earth was he doing trying so hard in 5th place with nobody behind him "..said elder bro Adrian ....Griffon Slayer had his clutch lever snapped in the Melee in turn 2 ( as they say in F1) .....no issue was running well in 4th but then bogged down and stalled ...donating a place to me ....but more importantly probably donating a series win in the Challenger class to Mike Bell
                          Gary Smith ran out winner in race one - Ricky ahead of me - not sure of the other placings..................Race 2 coming up

Race 2

Comment

• Race 2 and the 30 lap team race.........

Onto Race 2 - and again a packed line - and thanks to some iffy starter flag work again some mayhem.........

I got a slight false start - pushed bike back and then the flag wen immediately...good for me - not so good for the guys pushing their bikes back to the line - even worse for last years Champion Gary smith - who was reaching down to find neutral with his hand when 33 bikes raced past.........he showed his class fighting through the field to finish 6th ....

Sam Heitman lead and got a win with his quick 360 challenger - Matt McCulloch second ....I held 3rd till last half lap and then lost out in a real tussle with Matt Valentine and Richard ....... (3rd and 4th) with me 5th.......great racing and lots of fun all the way through the field !

So that was that - then lunch and thanks to Scotty Montezuma Chappel I stepped in to do the team race with Richard Hayward.in team no 9 "Wayward Chaps "..so after 2 races of knocking 7 bells of each other now we were team mates ....It was a 30 lapper 15 laps each ( or in our case about 13 and 17 ...don't tell Richard tho !!)

Matt Mucculloch failed to spot the green pit flag of the change over and carried on riding - we encouraged him to keep going - and then they closed the pit lane....so Matt did 30 laps (he will sleep like a baby tonight and awake like an octogenarian !!) ...we think he got a win .... I came in to the change over in 12th - and Richard put in a really good shift and we reckon we came 9th overall ... thanks mainly to our clever spotting that the bibs race bibs won't go over your helmet ...so we made our wider had a really slick change over..and I stood in the pits watching most other teams strugglel as they could not change bibs without taking helmet on and off ....such fun

All in all a great days racing - great camaraderie - meeting up with old friends and new alike - Smashing !!!bring on round 11 - same venue on the 13th (vids will be posted later)

Comment

• Sorry I didn't make this one, something to do with Saturday's christening and the afters! Will make every effort to get to the next one.

Comment

• Round 10 Race footage ....links below

race 1 - poor start for me - but after dodging Matt Mc on second bend ....(somebody else parked a griffon on his back...but he was only winded and got up to continue) i picked my way through to 4th.....QUiet until the end when Sam Heitman made me get a shift on !
                                Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

Race 2 - better start ......last 2 laps running 3rd with Matt Valentine up my tailpipe - he gets past through the chicane - and then down the straight balls out - Richard joins the fun !
                                Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

Comment

Working...
                                X