TFS import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
    This is the relevant page in the testers manual.

Reason for rejection
    a. a loose wheel spindle or securing nut(s) or locking device missing or insecure
    My reading of that is that if a locking device should be fitted, it must be in position and not damaged. I have downloaded the full manual and there is no clarification that I can see. I will check my bikes to see if I can fit nylocks, but at present, they have standard nuts with no extra devices.

Comment

Apart from my Greeves my oldest bike is an '07 BMW and that has 'plain' nuts on the spindles. Never failed an MOT nor received an advisory except I recall one on brake pads.

Comment

Oh well, you live and learn. Better dig out the old lock-wiring pliers and nut jig then.
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

I agree with Brian Catt's interpretation. If some sort of locking device was fitted as original equipment, then it needs to continue to do so. There cannot be a requirement to retro-fit a device which was not fitted in the first place.

60nm on the front spindle nut and 80nm on the rear of my Benelli; they are not going anywhere!

Nylocs should be unnecessary, and, as they are designed for single use, expensive. If they weren't fitted originally, I would steer clear of them in this application.

Comment

All done

I have just got the age related number back from the DVLA, so the bike is fully road legal. It has taken quite a time from the initial purchase of a bike with more missing than there was to see. Thanks to Dave who helped out where my limited knowledge left me scratching my head - hence the bald patch.

Just going to have fun on it now, doubt whether it will ever be shiny again

Comment

Nice job Tony DEY is an Isle of Anglesey reg, I think DVLA are just issuing random county numbers now, they used to issue ones from the county in which you live. Did the registration process go smoothly?

Comment

Very smooth, no issues, couple of weeks

Comment

I see you had an initial failure on the MoT

Registration number: DEY487C
                  Vehicle make greeves
                  Vehicle model trail
                  Date first used 1 January 1965
                  Fuel type Other
                  Colour Blue

Test date 9 May 2016
                  Expiry date 8 May 2017
                  Test Result Fail
                  Odometer reading 25 miles
                  MOT test number 9872 9423 4181
                  Reason(s) for failure
                  Rear wheel spindle loose (2.4.A.2b)
                  Headlamp aim too high and too far to the right. (1.6)

How did you correct the beam being too far to right? file out the mounting bracket?

I also note that the model is listed as 'trail' rather than 24TFS
                  Last edited by John Wakefield; 09/06/2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Every little helps

Just had a nice dry run after the wet of Sedbergh

and popped in to the store for some red wine
                    Runs really well

Comment

Photo at last

The long awaited photo of the TFS ready to leave the car park at Kendal, what a wet run

Thanks Rob I knew you would get around to emailing it to me - eventually

Comment

Working...
                      X