TFS import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variety is the spice of life

I was wondering how many different styles of Greeves tool boxes are there?
    The one on the left is TDS reproduction which are still for sale, the one on the right genuine?

Colin and Phil please can you upload pictures of your genuine one and the 'Greeves copy' so it is easy to pick out which is which.

Comment

This is the same air filter on a Ranger
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 18/02/2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Close but not quite

The Ranger air filter has a longer body and is attached on a lug on the main frame - shiny nut just below the tool box. The earlier TFS Tail does not have this lug
        so the air box has a longer bracket that bolts to the frame (just above the tax disc). The Ranger frame is welded where the rear loop attaches to the main
        tube so that might be one reason why there is the lug

Comment

Exhaust

The TFS Trail has come back from being powder coated - the correct shade of Moorland Blue (Suffolk Stove Enamelers) and is now having the exhaust fitted.

Comment

Some progress

Took stock of what I need to get to complete the TFS Import - just the manifold, which are not easy to come across.

Comment

coming along

Tony

Your bike looks great. Persevere with the inlet manifold. One will surely come along. Failing that borrow one and get it copied.

Phil

Comment

Thanks Phil - I have given up waiting for one to turn up so I will sort out getting one made. I have one on the Anglian Enduro so hopefully it should not be too difficult to get fabricated.

Comment

TFS Manifold

The last missing part is the manifold, I have not managed to find one so time to make one.
                  Simon Bateman had some blank plates made so hopefully that is the hard part done.
                  The pipe looks crudely bent hence the crushing of the original shape (no forma used?).
                  This was taken off my Anglian Enduro, is it the correct length for the TFS - same square barrel and head?

Comment

The TFS does have the same "Challenger style" barrel as the Anglian.
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

TFS Import,

Hi Tony.
                      The manifold degree of the angle Rob will be able to tell you, (i am not joking) he has found wheel barrow handles fro builders barrows is the correct angle and diameter, and with a bit of welding for the flange fits a treat.

Comment

Here are the drawings. You don't fancy using a Villiers carb then? Certainly better than a modern Amal Concentric!
                        Attached Files

Comment

The Phantom wheelbarrow de-handler strikes again!

Comment

Yes, I am using an S25/6 Villiers, the same one that came off the Anglian Manifold.
                            The Manifold is over 5 inches long whereas the drawings state 4 5/16 - is there a different drawing for the American Anglian Enduro and also the Ranger?

Comment

How do we keep finding 'em!? This is another 'how long is a Greeves piece of string'?!

Given that the TFS was the first model to use that style of barrel with a Villiers carb, there is a reasonable chance that manifold carried on being used.

Now, I don't know the model number of the Anglian Enduro or have a parts book so I cannot confirm the part number.

However, in best Greeves tradition, I have a choice of 2 TFS lengths to chose from!

Given that the TGS tube length is 4 1/2", the 2 TFS items are longer.

The first is part number M36A/EA2, dated 15/9/63 has a tube of straight length 6". The second is M36B/EA2 dated 23/10/64 and has a straight length of 5 1/4".

The parts book often details the 'A' or 'B' suffix to the model number but unfortunately not in the case of the TFS. Anyone any ideas?

Your 5" length could therefore be correct! Hope this helps and not confuses but I hope its not the latter!

Comment

It fits

I have just tried to put the air box, manifold and carburettor on the bike and it seems to fit.
                                It looks the same as the original bike I have been checking with so I can replicate this manifold and then put it back on the Anglian Enduro.

That is the last missing part sorted, thanks for the information.

Comment

Working...
                                X