No announcement yet.

Greeves Silverstone suitability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1981 we were over at Daytona competing in the International 250cc race and I remember seeing a TZ750, complete with slick race tyres, on the road with licence plates.
    So perhaps a Silverstone on the road isn't such a oddball idea.

Comment

Guy has kindly weighed his for sale S'stone replica, 90kg. My towbracket will be happy with that. Still not seen my mates RES,

Comment

BillyBob you could always change the engine for a standard Villiers lump, would still look like a Silverstone so would look the part but be easier to ride.

Comment

John,
          That's an option I was considering, what would you suggest, with a kickstart preferably?

Before your last post I was putting together this.....

Anybody have a guess what this engine in a look a like is?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Replica Silverstone. Unknown power unit.png Views:	0 Size:	77.4 KB ID:	93151

Comment

The engine in your pic is a go kart 210 racing engine so again totally unsuitable for road use. You need a 37A 34A 32A or 36A preferably with alloy top end like the one in this bike
            Attached Files

Comment

Noted the engine types, Cheers

Another S'stone for sale already has a 210 kart engine which I mentioned earlier, would need swapping out.

Apart from that.

Am I getting warmer generally with this...........

Click image for larger version

Name:	StarmakerA-Web.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	93160

Starmaker 131F Trials for lazy road use?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBob View Post
                Noted the engine types, Cheers

Another S'stone for sale already has a 210 kart engine which I mentioned earlier, would need swapping out.

Apart from that.

Am I getting warmer generally with this...........

Name:	StarmakerA-Web.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	217.7 KB
ID:	93160

Starmaker 131F Trials for lazy road use?

Yes that would be another alternative but may need different engine plates making as I am not sure if mountings are same as for A series engines.

Comment

Magic, preferred engine needs to be A series, got it.
                  Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tonyed27 View Post
                    In 1981 we were over at Daytona competing in the International 250cc race and I remember seeing a TZ750, complete with slick race tyres, on the road with licence plates.
                    So perhaps a Silverstone on the road isn't such a oddball idea.
                    Tony,

My project Silverstone would be for a one off IOM visit. Transport to my marshalling point for practice and race days, Maybe a circuit then up for sale there or when back home in the Midlands.

Glad you are coming round to my crazy idea.

Comment

I still think its a crazy idea, BUT do-able if you are so determined, but why go to all that effort then sell it, probably at a loss? Personally I would just use a step through Honda C90, or Innova

Comment

I would probably sell because it would not be used. My biking days are getting shorter, there are three bikes in the fleet I can use at home If I want to but are too heavy to transport.
                        Even they don't get used a lot these days.

I bought this to take this year.

Name:	Web-TCmax.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	651.1 KB
ID:	93185 80kg without the battery

But would rather take something more in keeping with the event as it may be our last visit.

PS very rare for me to sell a bike for a loss

Comment

Thats the Supe Soco electric bike? I had a demo ride on their large CPX scooter last year, quite impressed by its general performance, but at ?5000 for the dual battery version, a range of only 60 miles before recharge (Soco say 85 miles but in a road test on Youtube the lady rider only got about 30 miles on one battery), ?1500 for ONE replacement battery(and yes they will loose their efficiency after a year or so & range will be reduced) so it was a big no no for me. You can buy a good 125cc petrol one for half that. Yours looks like the TC MAX top speed only 60mph and range 60 miles (I think you will be lucky to get that if it has only one battery. You say its rare for you to loose money on your bikes,I think you will take a big hit on the Soco when you sell it. I asked the dealer about trade ins and he said that after about 5 years life it would be traded in for scrappage allowance against a new one, thats around ?750 per year depreciation assuming you get around ?500 scrappage allowance. 5 Years life! how green is that and how much carbon has been produced in its manufacture. Electric bikes no thanks.

Comment

John,
                            First I didn't pay market market price for the TCmax, there is plenty slack and I won't be keeping it too long anyway.

Without joining the GRA is there anyway to find when a frame was made? One replica I'm interested in uses a 24MDS which started in 1962 until 1965 AFAIK. I need it to be a 1962.

I can send you a PM with the number.

Cheers
                            Lance

PS been there with a 125.

Name:	IMG_20150830_161052246 (2).jpg
Views:	177
Size:	446.1 KB
ID:	93189

Last edited by BillyBob; 10/01/2023, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Yes you cam PM frame number. Why has bike got to be 1962?
                              Last edited by John Wakefield; 10/01/2023, 05:43 PM.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
                                X