Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Names for Greeves with alternative engines!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tony View Post
    If I talk about progress here the moderator will tell me off for not keeping to the thread.
    Well done, Tony - and it's an interesting new thread!
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

"Greco"...............the new Greeves trials bike which is fitted with a cosmetically altered Sherco motor.

Comment

The return of the Gronda....

Originally posted by tony View Post
        If I talk about progress here the moderator will tell me off for not keeping to the thread. I will post an update on the appropriate site.
        Hiya Tony,

Aaaahhhh....memories....!!

Mind you, thread hijacking has become nothing short of an artform on here in recent times..... It's all good fun innit!

While I'm at it, I may as well post another pic of a nice guitar, this time a Paul Reed Smith 'signature' (they only built 1,000) which I sold a couple of years ago in order to fund an escalating Gronda habit.....

Speaking of which..... This looks tasty; http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.c...t-tests-5.html (see attached.) So...is it a Pondfinder or a Gronda....? I think someone should make a decision once and for all and then we can all sleep at night!

It was great reading through this thread again, reminded me of when we all used to have a good laugh together on here. Happy days!

Brian.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 16/11/2014, 03:54 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Naming and shaming!!!

Graka, Grellocette, Grariel, Gruch, Grantam, Grike (3 wheeler), Greeves (huh!),
          Greugeot, and a Grambretta!!! and for my project .. a greeves triumph sidecar ... Grumphack!! Or GROPED!!

Mucho Lol

Keith

Comment

names for greeves with alternative engines

Well i supose it could be said that a person Having a Rudge engined greeves, is holding a GRUDGE

Comment

Greevatchless....?

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
              Well i supose it could be said that a person Having a Rudge engined greeves, is holding a GRUDGE
              Nice one Dicky!

Great to see a few new ones chaps....and still the combinations keep coming! Good work!

Brian.

Comment

My grandad had an old 1920 whippet 150cc scooter ( look it up ), i showed him many times how to convert it, but he could`nt quite GRIPPET....

Comment

GriMZ. Grucati, Moto Gruzzi. ...................

Hoho.

Keith

Comment

Best non Greeves engine.

Dunno if this has ever been discussed? In the humble corporate opinions of the "management", what would be the very best engine for a Greeves roadster special.
                    I've looked at Honda RS250, and Norton navigator engines. But they are a bit weak. I need one that doesn't have a separate oil tank and is a four stroke. All this for the future project, the Greeves-Something sidecar outfit. I would guess that 500cc would be a max.

I really "took" to sidecars a couple of years ago. Loved the challenge and it was easier to get my leg over ....

Keith

Comment

Invacar

Mind you, at the speed I am self destructing an Invacar might be the best choice, With a Harley 1600 engine of course.

Keith

Comment

keith how about a big panther engine, i have a few so i will have a quick measure and see if it is possible , will.

Comment

Honda XR500..... Wet sump model.
                          The early ones were dry sump I believe (could be getting mixed up with the XL500).
                          Not tried to fit one into a beam frame myself, I'll be sticking to the BSA engines for the time being oil tank and all. Unless I fit a Bantam engine into a TFS .....

Comment

I knew a chap who built a 750 Honda engine into a Norton frame. He bought a Motomodelli Manx Norton kit , a CB750 kit and built the models to see if it was feasible. It all worked out, so he went ahead with the real thing.
                            Dogsbody

Comment

Nope!

Originally posted by aa will View Post
                              keith how about a big panther engine, i have a few so i will have a quick measure and see if it is possible , will.
                              Nice engine but doubt it will fit? That big sloper is very long.

Cheers,

Keith

Comment

Grcbx

Originally posted by Dogsbody View Post
                                I knew a chap who built a 750 Honda engine into a Norton frame. He bought a Motomodelli Manx Norton kit , a CB750 kit and built the models to see if it was feasible. It all worked out, so he went ahead with the real thing.
                                Dogsbody
                                I rebuilt a 1984 Honda CBX750 last year. Lovely engineering but SO heavy. It was a nice bike but too tall for me despite having a lowered saddle.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X