No announcement yet.

Gra members other toys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think Villiers engines have dodgy-looking cranks, take a look at a vintage Scott! Contrary to what people think, they don't flex that much...

I'm sure you will have already looked into this, Colin, but Moss engineering can fix pretty much anything on Scott engines, and can even supply a whole new one if needed!

Comment

Curious design I agree, but back in 1909 everybody was feeling their way. Alfred Scott was something of a visionary - I mean, his engine lasted into the fifties.

I'm aware of Roger Moss. It is comforting to know that help is to hand if needed. The Scott runs all right at the moment, so fingers crossed...
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Another toy

I've been gifted a 1959 Mk 1 Wolseley 1500, which is likely to divert my attention from the more-important matters in hand .......... the bikes!
        Anyone care to take it off my hands, please .......... for a price, of course?

Comment

Shame it's not a Riley 1.5, they are worth a lot more than the "lesser" versions!

Comment

Main difference in the Riley is the souped-up engine. I need the more-docile version at my time of life!

Comment

Yes, the twin-carb version breathes much better and is in demand by the Classic rally people.

Comment

Non-Bike Toys

I too looked for a Riley 1.5, back in the '60s. They were a bit different, it went well for the era and was used in saloon car racing, but oh the body rust - never did find a reasonable one. For tuning, didn't the MGB engine bits fit?
                Current non-bike toy - see attached, and you can lean it over in the corners further than a Greeves!
                - Bikes keep one sane when it's not flyable!
                Attached Files

Comment

someone`s always got one bigger.

Well i think thats trumped just about everything!..... nice one gudgeon!
                  Makes colins squirrell look like it`s had a trip to the taxidermist.......

Comment

Not sure this thread is about competition, Dave, more about sharing interests and enthusiasms. But I recognise you were joking and/or winding me up. Fair do's.

Nice little 'plane that. I'm sure we've all wished we had the time and the resources to learn to fly. Hope you get plenty of use out of it, Gudgeon.

Come on you yanks - surely someone out there has a P51...?

Or a nice boat..?
                    Colin Sparrow

Comment

OK, so its not a plane, but I've had this for a very long time.....
                      I mean the car, not the cold water tank in the foreground!

Comment

Not mine, but I acted as design consultant on it! A real piece of fun, it was needed to mow the grass at a local church. My pal had the Bantam engine under the bench and we sketched out the basics, then looked under the bench for more scra....goodies. It was far too potent, so a big lump of ali softened the compression. It was ok as a mower tractor once some more scra....... counterweights were added to the blade unit. Even the vicar took turns in thrashing round the lawn!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Brian Catt; 10/03/2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X