Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gra members other toys.

As the agm thread has gone off topic.

Kim tell me more bout this swede of yours, sounds like good fun...

My brother in law had a tuned 9-3 which was about 260bhp, it kept eating front tyres and did not grip well until about 80mph, it just whooshed all over the place..

Whats yours like?

Andy I love subaru's, is yours an impreza?

Talking to Greg Radley at the pre65 last week, he was telling me about his Mazda rotarys.

Scott

Mazda Rotaries????? A load of old Wankels! I hope to get a ride on my pal's Hercules Enduro bike with the horizontal rotor, rather than the vertical type as on the roadsters that they made. It will mean travelling to Italy, but it might be a better track than Marks Tay!

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post

Scott
      Imprezas are a bit flashy for me - its a Forester 2.5XT. Same engine as the WRX and 0-60 in a whisker over 5 seconds, but looks like an old fart's estate car!
      I'm glad the petrol prices have gone down. But Tesco's do stunning deals on money off petrol when you do ridiculous amounts of food shopping with them (3 kids). Last time I filled up I got 20p a litre off!

Spill the beans about the Range Rover then....

Comment

Well done Scott. I'm now trying to assess whether it's worth moving the relevant posts on the AGM thread over here...

Why not include "toys" from past years as well? And photographs!
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
          Imprezas are a bit flashy for me - its a Forester 2.5XT. Same engine as the WRX and 0-60 in a whisker over 5 seconds, but looks like an old fart's estate car!
          Always fancied one of those. What are they like off-road?

(Mind you, having just had Barry Keymer put a clutch and a dual mass flywheel into the RAV4, I guess I'm going to have to keep it for a while.)
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

The range

Hi all,

Andy the forester is a great Q car... I remember you towing the 360 with it now...

It's not a proper range rover Andy, it's the Sport Supercharged so based on the discovery 3, jaguar 4.2 v8 with eaton blower, makes a lovely racket and 0 to 60 in 7.2 seconds.. Not bad for a 2.5 tonne car, it came in part exchange on a car I sold at work, couldn't resist.....and the clincher was it's a 55 plate so cheaper tax at £285 instead of the usual £500..oh and it's not chavvie black either, it's silver.

The most entertaining car I've owned was a series 1 Peugeot 106 rallye, it was a very limited production homologation car, the original 1.3 8v with 100 bhp had been swapped to a 1.6 16v, then the injection had been junked and jenvey 45 throttle bodies added, sandy brown ported and polished head, high lift cams etc etc, it was 160 bhp at the wheels, it only had 2 seats and weighed around 800kgs, handled like it was on rails..... Those were the days...

Scott

Comment

My Saab Eats front tyres as well (Pilotsport 3's)

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
              As the agm thread has gone off topic.

Kim tell me more bout this swede of yours, sounds like good fun...

My brother in law had a tuned 9-3 which was about 260bhp, it kept eating front tyres and did not grip well until about 80mph, it just whooshed all over the place..

Whats yours like?

Talking to Greg Radley at the pre65 last week, he was telling me about his Mazda rotarys.

Scott
              All good stuff Scott and Andy ..........
              My Saab is an 02 reg 95 Aero.......but like your brother in law's 93 - it has been highly tuned. (mine by Abbot Racing) .....over the years by Abbott Racing.......... It is a keeper as not only is it very fast - it will do 40mpg on the way to work !!....

Over the years - every time I have blown something up...Abbott RAcing have replaced with uprated parts............so u can tell what I have blown up by the non-standard parts...So it has Woosner Pistons, a bigger turbo, high lift racing cams , ITG filter - Larger turbo pressure pipe and intercooler - a big bore exhaust and Chipped to suit............Basically it is gentle up to 2500rpm then takes off with Turbo and Cams above 4000RPM and gets to 155mph on French roads - (where it is legal isn't it ?) ..........However- as with racing bikes handling is the key. Abbott have tuned the front Diff, (when the car is tuned it can get a little wheelspin in 4th !)......it has Koni adjustable racing shocks and car is lowered and it has slotted motorsport disks.......

It looks tatty now...but fools smarter looking cars ....It can eat an M3 for Breakfast - and tow a trailer with a couple of Greeves on it at a fair rate of knots !!

The key with 325bhp front wheel drive and bends is the diff - and basically keep it floored round a corner to use the torque to drag u round.....Clear head heavy foot !!
              Last edited by Kim275; 01/02/2015, 07:32 PM.

Comment

My Big M is my favourite non-Greeves Toy

It is a 1981 VF414 Montesa Cappra.....Riding it is akin to riding a Bull !!

Bore 88mm Stroke 68 mm - Mikuni vm 38mm.........This bike is seriously fast - with instant bottom end...Bit of a hand full - but fun on a practice track.....
                This is last MAy at the Milk Run...Arena Essex..
                Attached Files

Comment

Saabs are damn quick...yours sounds fun, 40mpg.. The range struggles to reach 19 on a run.... 15 mpg most of the time, the whine from the charger is fantastic, but the whine from the wife about the thirsty chav wagen less so...

My father in law has a twin turbo diesel 9-3 aero ttid 180 auto, that's a desceptive device aswell.

The mont looks a nice thing Kim, are you sure it's yours?

It must be over 50bhp I'd think....

To tall for me though, il stick to the 360 and trusty hawkstone...

Scott

Comment

40mpg steady run 15mpg in turbo red zone !!

Yes agree love the whine of a turbo or supercharger than the whine of the missus!

the big M is well over 50bhp . The porting and barrel are a work of art as standard .... It is ridiculously tall . Taller than my 06 yz250f !

I am 6 ft 2 in and need a starting stand to get on it and fire it up !!

Comment

Love the Montesa! At least the kick start is on the right. I have a Bultaco Pursang Mk12, which is so tall I have to stand on a milk crate to start it! Also have a '74 Cappra which is very quick for a 250.

Comment

Viva Montesa !!

Nice one Andy ! No doubt they built a fast motocross bike . I had a VR 250 Montesa Cappra (1978) and it was lightning quick . It was the over square barrel and a very clever I let port/ boost port arrangement making them very devvy bikes . All guts on bottom end ! But ridiculously tall. I imagine Spanish riders used Ladders !
                        P,s we should have a Monty Day sometime!
                        Last edited by Kim275; 02/02/2015, 07:38 AM.

Comment

More Toys

More stuff to play with -
                          1969 E-Type, Rob North Trident, MX3.

Dean Newton
                          Seattle, USA
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wfo47w View Post
                            More stuff to play with -
                            1969 E-Type, Rob North Trident, MX3.

Dean Newton
                            Seattle, USA
                            Love the Rob North, is that an original?
                            They were, and still are a great bike.
                            Unusual colour on the MX3.....

Comment

Toys

Yes, the color of the MX3 in the photo is definitely off - its much lighter, new stuff from Roger Ennis.
                              I got the Trident from Team Obsolete who bought the Triumph Race team in the U.S. in 1975 or so. I got it as a rolling chassis soon after. I already had a Trident race engine, so I just mated them up. Great sounding machine.

Dean
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X