Gra members other toys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wfo47w View Post
    Yes, the color of the MX3 in the photo is definitely off - its much lighter, new stuff from Roger Ennis.
    I got the Trident from Team Obsolete who bought the Triumph Race team in the U.S. in 1975 or so. I got it as a rolling chassis soon after. I already had a Trident race engine, so I just mated them up. Great sounding machine.

Dean
    Wow, Team Obsolete! That bike must have some interesting history then. I've seen a few magazine articles on a similar looking bike, but with a No. 7 on the fairing instead of 6. Is that the sister bike?

Comment

Latest Acquisition

This is what I've just bought. It's 85 years old, bless it.

I know, I know, I must be barmy!

Guilty as charged
      Attached Files
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post

Guilty as charged
        Been to visit Andy Tiernan I presume Colin http://www.andybuysbikes.com/bikeshtml/6074sct.html Nice old bike. Do you have its passed history?

Comment

Latest acquisition

Looks good Colin,have fancied one in the past. NOT eligible for our stand at Shepton, sorry. Good luck,have fun. Les.

Comment

Guilty as charged
            Absolutely gorgeous, right up my street that is!
            Every motorcyclist should experience riding a bike from the late-20s/early 30s, the golden age of motorcycling in my opinion.

Andy Tiernan is the one of the very few motorcycle dealers I would buy a bike from, a decent chap.

Comment

Guilty as charged
              Fabulous looking bike Colin,
              Two stroke, water cooled. 85 years old??????

Comment

You're all quite right, of course, I did get the Scott from Andy. I've known him for quite a while and know that he is 100% straight. Also willing to haggle.

The Scott runs beautifully and I had a very enjoyable test ride. Just a bit of tidying up to do, sort out a tank liner which has been prised loose by ethanol, and fit a mirror - after patinating it of course!

More pictures on Andy's website.

Not a great deal of history, John, and it has lost its original number. I'm joining the Scott Owners Club; I expect the bike is known to them so I might be able to find out a bit more.

Don't worry, Les, no way I'll ever desert Greeves entirely!
                Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 05/03/2015, 10:31 AM.
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Not a great deal of history, John, and it has lost its original number.
                  Colin. Yes I noted the SV number as being 'age related' I trust the original number was 'robbed' prior to Andy getting it

I am sure the Scott Club will have some details of its passed life.

Comment

Great Scott!

Hi Colin,

Do you remember these beautiful drawings that I sent to you many many moons ago....? (Nice to have the opportunity to share them with others that will appreciate them on here.)

Anyway, good to see that you've finally got the bike to go with them.

Now, how do I go about booking a test ride.....! (....yeeeeeoooowwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Brian.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 05/03/2015, 11:56 AM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

If you and the Scott are ever in the same location you are welcome to have a go - and see what our forefathers had to contend with - hand gear change, no rear suspension and pretty ineffective brakes.

The challenge is all part of the fun!

The rest of you form an orderly queue...
                      Colin Sparrow

Comment

scott?

Must be mad I've just got rid of a 1929 super squirrel having spent 12months rebuilding it sympatheticaly,road it once and decided it was lethal talking to an old scott owner his reaction yes you will use alot of shoe leather. the scott club are great and Yowl is excellent lots of tech help, just like the GRA. thought I had made a small profit but that is now all invested in a "Greeves" cannot afford to sell this one. good luck Mike. see scott before and after pictures
                        Attached Files

Comment

Colin, bring it to the next Pre-65 meeting and we can all have a go........

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Catt View Post
                            Colin, bring it to the next Pre-65 meeting and we can all have a go........
                            Great idea!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, maybe Battlesbridge, if you're good...

Congratulations on that restoration Mike, you sure rescued that Scott from oblivion.

The motto for riding one of those has to be "Think 1930 and brake early"!

Trouble is, they're quite fast...

Yes, John, the original number was long gone before Andy bought it.
                              Colin Sparrow

Comment

Trouble is, they're quite fast...
                                A very sporting bike of the time. This from Wikipedia

The Scott Squirrel
                                1923 Scott Squirrel 486 cc
                                After the war production restarted with the 532 cc Standard Tourer and in 1922 Scott introduced the Squirrel, its first sporting model to be offered to the general public. This had a slightly smaller 486 cc engine to bring it within the 500 cc competition limit but, with aluminium pistons and careful preparation, it produced more power. In addition, many heavy accessories such as foot boards and leg shields which had been fitted to the touring models were dispensed with, making it a very light and competitive motorcycle. It was followed by the Super Squirrel, with a further revised engine of 498 cc or 596 cc, which was the mainstay of production in the mid-1920s. Although they never regained their pre-war form, Scotts continued to compete successfully in sporting events scoring a 3-4 in the 1922 TT and a third in 1924. A three-speed gearbox with conventional clutch was offered from 1923 and in this form the machine had some success as a trials motorcycle
                                Shortly after the end of the Second World War (1946/7) Scott relaunched the Scott Flying Squirrel. Available with 500 or 600 cc engines, these were even heavier than the pre-war versions and expensive for the performance offered. Sales were disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                                X