No announcement yet.

Bikes other than Greeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough of these hooligans and their machines!

Here is a brand new 250 from a British factory, not one of those foreign things, This type of machine ensured a good grounding in piston, big-end, clutch, gearbox bearings, alternator, rectifier, sprockets, etc. and prevented unnecessary waste of fuel on going places.
    Attached Files

Comment

It's wong, all wong....!

Ha! Nice one Rob, great pic too.

So, back then they let you have a 250 when you turned nine years old did they....

...and I still haven't seen your Honda 400/4 yet either....!

And what else is lurking in the 'museum' these days...?!

Funnily enough we've been restoring one of those at work recently (American spec bike) for the boss's private collection (see attached.) Amongst other things I did all the alloy polishing...by hand... (r/h index finger worn down to the stub..!) Mops make 'em too shiney...

Anyone got any more 'the way we were' (or even 'still are') pics to share then?

Brian.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 15/12/2013, 01:51 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Looking at pic no 4 of your kwacker, i assume that is tyre smoke! coming from your rear end & not curry related......

Comment

Oh no, the curry.....!

.....mmmmm....'Condor'...! (really showing my age now!)

I've heard Rob's curries are pretty potent though, based as they are on an authentic Gurkha recipie, passed down through many generations....!

Brian.

Comment

Oh dear

Well you did ask

Colin
            Attached Files

Comment

Mullets reunited!

Hi Colin,

Nice one, good fun!

Cool Grass Track bike, Greeves top end? And is that a TY in the other shot?

Regards,

Brian.

Comment

the good old days

hello Brian, yes full alpha crank & Greeves top end, good fun.
                The TY175 in a Miller frame I think, such a lovely bike to ride.
                Just reminded myself how heavy the old Bell Star was, I recently picked one up at Netley Marsh jeez that was heavy compared with my current helmet.

Colin

Come on it's show & tell time

Comment

Montesa Cappra VF 414 - The BIG "M" - 1980

Latest project - ......should be up and running soon in the new year. Engine all back together - just suspension to finish and ignition to sort.

Now has a Mikuni 38mm - instead of the Bing 40mm

Bore 88 stroke 68 - well oversquare. should be fun

First picture as I bought it - second as it is now - just waiting for the suspension and swinging arm to be sorted.
                  I used to ride a 78 Cappra 250 - in my early 20's so will try and dig out a photo
                  Cheers Kim
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Hiya Kim,

Lookin' good mate, cheers for posting.

Brian.

Comment

Bikes other than Greeves

Thought you may like to see my 74 400 CR Husky. Afraid I no longer own this bike someone made me an offer I could not refuse . Simon
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by trialrider17; 15/12/2013, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Wow!

....I've just come over all shy and wobbly and feint.....!

What a beauty!!!

Want it....BADLY!!!!!

Thanks for sharing Simon, it's a real credit to you (or at least was!)

This thread is ace!!!

Brian.
                        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 15/12/2013, 08:20 PM. Reason: Spilling, again....

Comment

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
                          Thought you may like to see my 74 400 CR Husky. Afraid I no longer own this bike someone made me an offer I could not refuse . Simon
                          The Husky was/is the most handsome scrambler of the 60's imo.

well apart from the MX3 of course

Colin

Comment

Bikes other than Greeves

Here,s one I still own
                            Attached Files

Comment

Bell Helmets!

Originally posted by cray View Post
                              hello Brian, Just reminded myself how heavy the old Bell Star was, I recently picked one up at Netley Marsh jeez that was heavy compared with my current helmet. Colin
                              Hiya Colin,

Nice one! That reminds me of when choice of helmets was far more limited than it is today with Everoak, King, AGV and not many others being all there was. And what about the advent of those dreadful polycarbonate jobs, that bounced when they hit tarmac, at least they did when they didn't split right down the molding seam in the middle...! My first full-face was a blue Griffin 'Clubman' (remember those?!) with the massive chin bar! My boss also had one back in the day when he was racing cars, and we had a chuckle about the misting problems you used to get with them, not great on the start line of an 'open wheeler' race...

I also had a succesion of Bell helmets, and I 'fondly' remember my RT open face ('stylishly', ahem, worn with red scott MX goggles...the lads used to call me 'Motor Mouse', the 'orrible baskets!!), bought in a sale for £20, because orange was the only the colour they had (and couldn't sell 'em, obviously...!)

I've attached another excellent 'Shobba' cartoon from the good old bad old days of 'Bike' magazine....hope it brings back some 'happy' memories....!

Brian.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Brian Thompson; 16/12/2013, 11:40 AM. Reason: Pic attached.

Comment

Sprite Trials.

Originally posted by trialrider17 View Post
                                Here,s one I still own
                                Very nice indeed Simon, and not so many of those around these days in that sort of condition.

I assume it's one of the original 'kit' bikes, and did you build it up yourself?

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                                X