Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

In answer to daves question

The QUB did come with either a 1034 (34mm) or 1036 (36mm) Amal MK1 Concentric, the MK2 Griffons had a MK2 Amal,

The Twinport 380 Griffons had a 932 Amal MK1 (32mm)as standard, and the spacing on the inlet mouth is different on the QUB so you have to fit the 1034/36.

But you can fit a mikuni round barrel carb which are acceptable in the pre65 club and greeves championship but are not original.

Im going to marks tey, look out for bikes 151/79 in the pits simon, i like talking greeves

Regards

Scott Chappell

Comment

Simon - I will be there...look for number 275...normally found ahead of number 151 on the track .....but nearby in the pits!!.game on !!
      Cheers Kim

Comment

Thanks Kim, Your normally there till you fall off

See you sunday mate

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
          Simon - I will be there...look for number 275...normally found ahead of number 151 on the track .....but nearby in the pits!!.game on !!
          Cheers Kim
          Hi All,

At the risk of joining this pre-race war of words, I'll be at Mark's Tey too, number 190, Challenger 36MX4.

I could have sworn that 151 was ahead of 275 at Mortimer, but can't be certain with all the mud.......

Cheers,
          Andrew

Comment

carb sizing

Out of interest the villiers tuning book it points to that you can go 1mm bigger than std if you want at the sacrafice of lower power you can lethen the induction to make the engine more tractable ! but my yz490 has a boost bottle for low rev torque

Comment

380 Griffon QUB

OMG!

Grudge racer's in the Greeves Championship, not to be missed. Who's running the book?

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                Thanks Kim, Your normally there till you fall off

See you sunday mate
                Cheers Scott - looking forward to the contest ....Griffon carb sorted tonight - so should run better than mortimer..I Hope

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Titterington View Post
                  OMG!

Grudge racer's in the Greeves Championship, not to be missed. Who's running the book?

Simon
                  Unfortunately DAve H running book and shows Scott doing rather well (he is a talented rider ) ...but Sunday is another meet!!

Comment

Hi kim & co, sounds like you boys are champing at the bit?, hope you all have a good meet, but don`t forget, its not the winning that matters its the getting past everybody else that counts... dave

Comment

Thats What its all about, Kim, My Dad, Adrian Dickerson, Mike Bell, Andrew Zyzlowski, Ian Cox and Myself are all evenly matched, we all ride different bikes, And All Have A Great Laugh.,, None of us ever get to the front, but we dont mind We have a great relations off the track, its gloves off on the track though

If anyone has not entered the greeves championship, do it now, im in my 5th season, and its fantastic.

But The pre65 clubs Percy Tawn Championship is also great for pre60Hawkstones

Roll on Sunday

Kind Regards

Scotty

Comment

As you say, Dave, it's the getting past the others that really counts, and you all did exceedingly well to get past No. 461 at Mortimer!!

Comment

It was just a twist of fate john, if you hadn`t suffered that cruel puncture on the hill ( ahem!! cough!! ), then the rest of us wouldn`t have stood a chance? dave.

Comment

Dave - please don't mention that hill again ......I had just got over the traumatic memory of it......I was struggling with the griffon (pilot blocked) coaxing it round in the mud - slipping clutch to stop it dying and then trying to ease the ferocious power delivery.....when I cam round that bend seeing Coxy and co parked across the top of the bank AAARGGGHHHH .......it then turned into a very slippery parking lot on an awkward slope with a wide range of Greeves machinary on display - at least assuming mud hadn't covered the tank badges !! - I do hope somebody has a photo

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                              Dave - please don't mention that hill again ......I had just got over the traumatic memory of it......I was struggling with the griffon (pilot blocked) coaxing it round in the mud - slipping clutch to stop it dying and then trying to ease the ferocious power delivery.....when I cam round that bend seeing Coxy and co parked across the top of the bank AAARGGGHHHH .......it then turned into a very slippery parking lot on an awkward slope with a wide range of Greeves machinary on display - at least assuming mud hadn't covered the tank badges !! - I do hope somebody has a photo

Good point Kim! I've yet to see any photos of that carnage, but it would be great if anyone has any!

See you tomorrow,

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X