X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thread ?

Bottom of the barrel ? BSF not WITWORTH ? CHRIS
    BSF and BSF for the engine plates with aerotight i noiticed on my qub mk2

Shop by department, purchase cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, cameras, baby items, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace

Last edited by greeves246; 25/06/2011, 11:56 AM. Reason: ADDING DETAIL

Comment

Gary ,

Threaded holes in barrel base & barrel top are Whitworth ( 5/16 & 3/8 ) , retaining nuts are BSF .

Engine mounting bolts and nuts are BSF nycloc , as are all the other bots muguards , etc.

Swinging arm bolts are , I believe , 5/8 UNF , Ceriani , Telesco forks Metric .

Any hole tapped in alloy is Whitworth .

Chris

Comment

threads

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Au?erdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

380 Griffon QUB

Hello All,

Many thanks for the great help with sorting the fastenings on my Griffon. The project is coming on really well. I've pretty much had it completely mocked up and am now working through each part getting it to a finished state. As mentioned in my initial post I am missing a few parts. I am therefore hoping to tap into your collective knowledge to help me overcome these issues.

I've got a mikuni carb 32mm choke, I want to replace this with an Amal concentric mk2. I found the Amal website but I am unsure which carb would give me the best set up?
          I understand that you can run to a 36mm carb in the Greeves championship. Also which size jets would give the best starting set up.

I need a carb/ airbox rubber connector, this does not apear to have a part number in the 63f parts list, can anyone help? or is it a self fabricate item any ideas?

Paper airfilters can these be found anywhere or is their a foam metal cage replacement that will fit?

My sprockets look good but I don't have a chain, what is the correct size and length and place of availbility?

Any ideas on the best or accepted method of retaining the magneto cover?

I am also in need of a gear change lever part no; Go2738, or is their one from a more redally available source that will do the job?

Finally I need a complete set of brake shoe's, can I buy these anywhere or as I have the originals, any ideas on where to get them re-lined?

Sorry for such a monumental list of questions but this lot once solved should see me up and running. I'll try and get some pictures posted if I can fathom out how to do it, if anybody's interested.

Many thanks once again!

Simon

Comment

Griffon MK2 photos

Simon

I have posted some pictures of a QUB in the community area.

Apparently, not a QUB, but a mark 2 Griffon

Phil
            Last edited by Phil Hyde; 21/07/2011, 08:50 PM. Reason: update

Comment

QUB photos

Phil,
              Just to clarify, that looks like a Mk2 Griffon with the short forks and the Motoplat unit with lighting facility.

Druid

Comment

clarification

John

Thanks for the info. I came across the pictures and put them in an album.

Graham Baldwin said it was a QUB. I will amend.

Phil

Comment

Hi Phil,

The picture's are definitely a mk2 griffon as Druid say's. Absolutly imaculate and very rare maxhine.

Simon.

Comment

Griffon

Cheers Simon

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Titterington View Post
                      Hello All,

Many thanks for the great help with sorting the fastenings on my Griffon. The project is coming on really well. I've pretty much had it completely mocked up and am now working through each part getting it to a finished state. As mentioned in my initial post I am missing a few parts. I am therefore hoping to tap into your collective knowledge to help me overcome these issues.

I've got a mikuni carb 32mm choke, I want to replace this with an Amal concentric mk2. I found the Amal website but I am unsure which carb would give me the best set up?
                      I understand that you can run to a 36mm carb in the Greeves championship. Also which size jets would give the best starting set up.

I need a carb/ airbox rubber connector, this does not apear to have a part number in the 63f parts list, can anyone help? or is it a self fabricate item any ideas?

Paper airfilters can these be found anywhere or is their a foam metal cage replacement that will fit?

My sprockets look good but I don't have a chain, what is the correct size and length and place of availbility?

Any ideas on the best or accepted method of retaining the magneto cover?

I am also in need of a gear change lever part no; Go2738, or is their one from a more redally available source that will do the job?

Finally I need a complete set of brake shoe's, can I buy these anywhere or as I have the originals, any ideas on where to get them re-lined?

Sorry for such a monumental list of questions but this lot once solved should see me up and running. I'll try and get some pictures posted if I can fathom out how to do it, if anybody's interested.

Many thanks once again!

Simon
                      Hi Simon,

I use a 3 inch to 2 inch rubber hose coupler from my local hardware store. You'll need to trim it a little and warm it up a little to slip over the snout of your air box.

It's very difficult to locate an original air box connector these days as most are so cracked or torn.

Make sure on your 36mm AMAL MKII it has the proper needle jet. This can be identified by a groove machined in the jet. All other Amal jets will work.

The mag cover is held on with rubber band...cut this from an old inner tube...use a 400-450 size for your larger Motoplat.

The correct chain size for any Griffon is a 520...watch your widths when purchasing a chain...too wide and you run into clearance problems...this was discussed before on the forum...the stock Reynold chain was very narrow compared to today's modern type...I snapped a few in my younger aggressive days.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
                      Kenny Sykes
                      USA
                      Attached Files

Comment

Simon - I run a 36mm Mk 2 amal on my QUB griffon - I got min eform surrey cycles. http://www.surreycycles.com/ Standard Griffon jetting is the way to start off with i.e 107 needle jet - 320 main jet (they will set it up for you)......apart for go for a larger pilot jet - I use a 40. Make sure it is supplied with a 2-stroke jet holder and a chamfered spray tube...They also supply the rubber coupling and the ally flange to fit to the air intake on the Barrel. (although Kenny's idea will be cheaper !).
                        Ifyou are going form a 32mm to a 36mm.......and 34mm was standard - you should ideally match your inlet port size.

Re Air filters - I use twin air foam motocross filter - on both sides. Your local motocross shop can supply as can Terry Sewell.

I also use the Kenny method to retain the magneto cover.

Terry can supply a gear change lever - I think it is same as on a bsa.

Comment

Simon
                          Villiers Services provide a brake re-lining service:

Villiers Services : - Tools / Workshop Accessories Villiers Parts Motorcycles for sale General motorcycle spares Oils / Paint / Consumables Diecast Models Brake Shoe Re-Lining Service Gift Vouchers Trials Parts Amc Two Stroke (James/ Barnett) Greeves Spares Helmets / Clothes etc ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping, store

Saftek provide new shoes complete with bonded linings:

Chains are available from Sprockets Unlimited who will also help you calculate the correct length.

Regards

John
                          Last edited by John-Boy; 23/07/2011, 09:06 AM. Reason: update
                          John A - 268

Comment

Simon,

Reference chain - the young lady at Sprockets Unlimited can supply a narrow 5/8 x 1/4 chain as apparently, some Nortons have the same problem. The side of a wide chain will nosh it's way into the back of the primary chaincase. It seems a good idea to fit a heavy-duty chain until you see the instant chainsaw effect!

She supplied me with a Regina chain which cleared a treat.

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Hello Kenny, Kim, John, Rob and all,

Great info this should see me well pretty close to completion, I will keep you all posted.

What a superb forum you kind chaps have saved me an amazing amount of time ploughing through endless links just to discover the wrong part or the potential for purchasing the wrong part.

Well done GRA the forum's a great asset!

Anyone at Marks Tey on the 31st, was thinking of popping along to take a look.

Great help, many thanks.

Simon.

Comment

Hi all, if the qub`s standard carb fitment is 34mm, what was the twinports origanal size, or is it the same. dave

Comment

Working...
                                X