Griffon models vs other bikes on the classic scrambles scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormer254 View Post
    In my 360's I just use the original Albion clutch, I use Enfield springs and plates and it works fine, I only use the clutch for starts as I find the round gearbox that I use in all my bikes doesn't need the clutch for changes and is generally very positive.This also saves a lot of money
    Hi Stormer,

Any R.E. part numbers you can pass on to us?

Thanks!
    Kenny Sykes

Comment

I just buy Enfield plates and springs, never looked for part numbers , just took pattern parts to auto jumble and found new parts with Enfield dealers. They use Albion clutches. I think they are Bullet parts.

Comment

Griffon models

If you need new Albion clutch parts try Hitchcocksmotorcycles (http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/home).
        If you buy secondhand from autojumbles you may not be better off than your current clutch. The late Albion clutch is OK if in good condition and regularly maintained, fine for road work.
        Hitchcock's do offer an improved version, cost about £425.
        For Griffons, the standard clutch is fairly bulletproof if a little heavy, but if you can hang on to a 380 on a MX course I'm sure you can pull a properly working clutch in, your not a road racer after all!

If you have a Griffon with no clutch then the choice is a secondhand Griffon unit or a Nametab clutch at about £380 or an NEB at about £500. The good news for bearing man is that he gets a 20% discount as I don't think he has to pay the VAT, he does, however, have to get it shipped to the US.

Druid
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 18/05/2011, 10:35 PM. Reason: Direct link for Hitchcocks Motorcycles added.

Comment

Originally posted by druid View Post
          If you need new Albion clutch parts try Hitchcocksmotorcycles (http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/home).
          If you buy secondhand from autojumbles you may not be better off than your current clutch. The late Albion clutch is OK if in good condition and regularly maintained, fine for road work.
          Hitchcock's do offer an improved version, cost about £425.
          For Griffons, the standard clutch is fairly bulletproof if a little heavy, but if you can hang on to a 380 on a MX course I'm sure you can pull a properly working clutch in, your not a road racer after all!

If you have a Griffon with no clutch then the choice is a secondhand Griffon unit or a Nametab clutch at about £380 or an NEB at about £500. The good news for bearing man is that he gets a 20% discount as I don't think he has to pay the VAT, he does, however, have to get it shipped to the US.

Druid
          Hi Druid and Stormer.

Thanks for the info. Since so many Challengers came over here in the sixties, I now can help some of the guys looking for clutch parts. I think Frank still may have the Barnett plates in stock.

On my 380 Griffon, it's a one finger pull...and I don't mean the middle one!
          Somebody did something to it at one time I'm sure, maybe different springs...and it does not slip.

This is good info on the R.E. pieces...never had a clue.

Regards,

Kenny

Comment

Working...
          X