Griffon QUB rebuild, Mk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys,
    Going to give it a run round the fields before the show.
    need to get a few scrapes and some muck on it

Comment

Looks great

Cracking job Craig.

I did manage quite successfully dye plastic mudguards once.. I used wurth bumper dye and they came out quite well really..

Only problem is you cannot get blue bumper dye

A good plastic primer and rattle can of smurf blue should sort it out... Paint is not forgiving when you drop it though

Thanks for all the updates and photos.. I enjoy reading your posts..

Regards

Scott

Comment

RIT dye does the same job scotty, but you can only go the same or darker than the colour you have already....... & they do it in faded blue to.....

They have a nice yellow, that i do my teeth with.....
        Last edited by dave higgins; 01/02/2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
          RIT dye does the same job scotty, but you can only go the same or darker than the colour you have already....... & they do it in faded blue to.....

They have a nice yellow, that i do my teeth with.....
          Superstar Higgo. Was going to spray them tomorrow but will hold off and try the dye.

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
            Cracking job Craig.

I did manage quite successfully dye plastic mudguards once.. I used wurth bumper dye and they came out quite well really..

Only problem is you cannot get blue bumper dye

A good plastic primer and rattle can of smurf blue should sort it out... Paint is not forgiving when you drop it though

Thanks for all the updates and photos.. I enjoy reading your posts..

Regards

Scott
            Thanks Scott.
            My posts are a bit few and far between at the minute due to work and all that but I try to give everyone a laugh when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
              Superstar Higgo. Was going to spray them tomorrow but will hold off and try the dye.
              Craig, i think there are a few vids on youtube of how to do it, it does work, but i have`nt tried it yet myself......

Comment

When I picked this up in boxes I thought I was in for another marathon rebuild like the Mk1 but everything was in such good condition all I had to do was piston, rings, seals, paint, and wheels.
                Here it is, ready for Telford then ready for pre 77 and twinshock racing.

The other two Telford bikes are in the background.
                Attached Files

Comment

more pictures
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                    more pictures
                    Very nice! Now if you can just figure out how to rotate your pics we'll be in business

Comment

Originally posted by johnu View Post
                      Very nice! Now if you can just figure out how to rotate your pics we'll be in business
                      I know, it is doing my head in

Comment

Would this help?
                        Attached Files
                        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Lovely!!!

Hi Craig,

Looks flippin' lovely mate, well done on another crackin' job!

The mudguards look mint now bud, how did you sort 'em out in the end....?

Regarding your pics problem, you can rotate the images in your laptop, as it looks as though Colin has done following downloading them and then re-uploading them for you, but having had similar probs myself recently, I've found that this doesn't always work when you try to attach them again....I think it may be the forum software 'doing it's thang'....

The best way round it is to always make sure that you take the shot with the camera in it's 'normal'/ horizontal position. The upload problem seems to happen when you do a 'David Bailey' and put the camera on it's side for those arty/contortionist viewpoints.....and it's less dangerous....

......or then again, ignore all that.......it could just be the wiskee gremlin.....again......

Yes indeed, a lovely bike Craig, rare too, and a real cracker to add to your ever growing collection. Hope you have loads of fun with it, and thanks for sharing the rebuild and all the great pics with everyone on here, like always.

Brian.

Comment

The bikes are looking awesome mate. Gives me added inspiration.
                            As for the photos - they look fine from way down here at the bottom of the world

Comment

Easy solution, use a laptop and rotate that.......

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
                                Hi Craig,

Regarding your pics problem, you can rotate the images in your laptop, as it looks as though Colin has done following downloading them and then re-uploading them for you, but having had similar probs myself recently, I've found that this doesn't always work when you try to attach them again....I think it may be the forum software 'doing it's thang'....

Brian.
                                Yes, that is what I did. Had my work cut out figuring out which way up they were supposed to be though...
                                Colin Sparrow

Comment

Working...
                                X