Griffon QUB rebuild, Mk2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
    All looking good for its Telford Show debut!
    Yes Colin, I just need to get it out around a track before the show to get some muck and scrapes put on it. Then it will match the other two I am bringing.

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
      Yes Colin, I just need to get it out around a track before the show to get some muck and scrapes put on it. Then it will match the other two I am bringing.
      I can send you some of my xmas present - large black super size cable ties - fro that real authentic raced effect seriously - bike looking great..........we should plan some twinshock racing next year - and I know the ideal location - will drop you an email

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
        I can send you some of my xmas present - large black super size cable ties - fro that real authentic raced effect seriously - bike looking great..........we should plan some twinshock racing next year - and I know the ideal location - will drop you an email
        Got the email Kim, definitely a good plan but don't forget we have pre 78 class here in Northern Ireland so I can race the MK2 every other week if I want.
        With all that practice it means that I might whip your arse.

Comment

Got the carb back today, cleaned up well.
          Attached Files

Comment

I spoke to Allens Performance ltd today about some spares for the carburettor.
            What a friendly bunch of guys they are. Very very helpful.
            In fact so helpful that I got another Mikuni for the MK1. Watch out Kim and Dave, I have finally taken your advice. Might be a bit faster this year

Comment

We will alert the CAA! And the St. Johns!

Comment

Looking good mate.
                I got some of the new rebound springs made for mine. So I got some spare ones if you want to replace yours.
                Just let me know and I will post them over.
                Attached Files

Comment

I spoke to Allens Performance ltd today about some spares for the carburettor.
                  What a friendly bunch of guys they are. Very very helpful.
                  In fact so helpful that I got another Mikuni for the MK1. Watch out Kim and Dave, I have finally taken your advice. Might be a bit faster this year
                  Looking forward to it DeCorset ....... you know the Mikuni makes sense on the Mk1 .......won't make you much faster but will get you round without issue - and start easier ...low end power will be SMooooth.

I will try and persuade Gilly for a summer holiday in NI ..if that isn't an oxymoron and do some twin shock specials

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Smith View Post
                    Looking good mate.
                    I got some of the new rebound springs made for mine. So I got some spare ones if you want to replace yours.
                    Just let me know and I will post them over.
                    Hi Dave,
                    Keep them for me so that I can collect on my way past. Thats as good a reason as any for a wee trip your direction.

Comment

Looking forward to it DeCorset ....... you know the Mikuni makes sense on the Mk1 .......won't make you much faster but will get you round without issue - and start easier ...low end power will be SMooooth.

I will try and persuade Gilly for a summer holiday in NI ..if that isn't an oxymoron and do some twin shock specials
                      Just turn up Kim, I have the bikes here.

Comment

Hi Dave,
                        Keep them for me so that I can collect on my way past. Thats as good a reason as any for a wee trip your direction.
                        No problems mate. welcome anytime

Comment

Hi kim/craig, don`t know if you boys would be interested, but the newly formed somerset scramble club, are having a practice day on 12th march at chard......£30...ride all day, evo t/shock & classics.
                          Track looks good, check out their facebook page with vid of track....just a thought.....

Comment

Dave I could be u for that if bikes ready .... Good idea to get some practice in ! Cheers Kim

Comment

Dave I could be u for that if bikes ready .... Good idea to get some practice in ! Cheers Kim
                              Hi kim, i`ll be taking the maico over & also give the qub a few licks around the track...............but wots a table top?......

Comment

You don't look at the furniture when you're going for the triple....

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
                                .........but wots a table top?......
                                ....no point asking Kim mate......he's normally too high up in the air to notice them....

For me, it's what I build engines and guitar stuff on in our nice warm kitchen....

Hope that helps bro.

bRiAn.

Comment

Working...
                                X