Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black & Decker Tablemate

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
    ....no point asking Kim mate......he's normally too high up in the air to notice them....

For me, it's what I build engines and guitar stuff on in our nice warm kitchen....

Hope that helps bro.

bRiAn.
    Its true you know! ...... but he does unbolt the vice when guests come around.....thats class that is........

Comment

Haha nice one I will bring the Big M Montesa Cappra VF414 ... That baby flies over table tops with ease !!! As well as the QUB

Comment

Black & Decker Tablemate, Part 2....

Ha!!! Nice one lads!

We miss you on here Kim....

Dave....(!).....thanks for the kind words bro, but I've got a long way to go before I'm as classy as this guy.....

Actually....that's given me an idea for a new thread...."What's In YOUR Kitchen...?"

bRiAn.

Comment

Go for it!
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Nearly there apart from the mudguards.
            Can uv damage be reversed????

The "old" seat base looks like new !!

Nice photo of the Mk1 and Mk2.

Fork tubes back from Dynasurf. Great job and very quick.

Anyone got a spare front axel??
            Attached Files

Comment

Mudguards......if they are structurally sound, you need an apprentice or two....as it involves rubbing down with fine wet and dry, then polishing once all the dead material is removed. There are companies who do this, but the cost is more than new bits due to the amount of labour costs. They advertise in the Classic Dirt Bike mag, but apprentices will be much cheaper!

Comment

Plastic Restoration etc....

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                Hi Craig,

Things are looking mighty fine at chez McCorset .....thanks for the new updates mate.

Here's a couple of links for you on plastic restoration.

I first heard of this company a while back, and they do amazing work if you'd rather give it to someone to do for you, but it will cost.... They are a USA based company but have a UK agent for the 'process'(s) they use.

Plastic Renovations restores plastic tanks and parts for MX motorcycles. Phil Cox vintage motocross restoration.

Alternatively, here's a bunch of links for YouTube clips showing how other people have got round the problem, often with really good results...as long as you have the time/elbow grease.... Might be worth getting an old mudguard to practice on before commiting to the original parts if you decide to give some of these techniques a try.

I sell the polishing pads needed to perform this work at this link:https://www.ebay.com/itm/253558412960I will put a lot of myths about plastic restoration t...

I've had good results using the method in the first clip, i.e. sanding down and m/c polishing with appropriate compounds, but some people get great results using hot air guns (very carefully!!!!), but obviously it can be a tad risky until you get a feel for the materials.....

Anyway, hope this helps mate, and good luck with the rest of the build(s).

Just please don't desolve/melt anything, and then blame me, OK.....!!

Brian.

Comment

You've gone and done it now......!!!

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
                  Go for it!
                  Colin!.....you really should know better by now than to encourage me with these ideas....

Mind you...I am rather proud of our lovely matching Dualit Toaster and Kettle set.....and don't get me started on the lovely feel of a nicely polished formica work top....

.....but if you insist.....

bRiAn.

Comment

The "old" seat base looks like new !!

Nice photo of the Mk1 and Mk2.

Fork tubes back from Dynasurf. Great job and very quick.

Anyone got a spare front axel??
                    The Mk 1 looks great Craig - nice one ...I hope you sorted out the low compression on it...a mere 13:1 doesn't seem enough for a man of your calibre and style .......I rode it in the Nostalgia - and was like an untamed stallion..but once dialled in it was quick ......still get goosebumps when thinking about the power wheelie i pulled all the way up the hill over the back straight ..still keeping with the wide ratio box ? or going close ratio? Cheers Kim

Comment

Just please don't desolve/melt anything, and then blame me, OK.....!!

Brian.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the information Brian, as always you are a fantastic source of information and a credit to the Emu club.
                      Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 25/01/2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                        The Mk 1 looks great Craig - nice one ...I hope you sorted out the low compression on it...a mere 13:1 doesn't seem enough for a man of your calibre and style .......I rode it in the Nostalgia - and was like an untamed stallion..but once dialled in it was quick ......still get goosebumps when thinking about the power wheelie i pulled all the way up the hill over the back straight ..still keeping with the wide ratio box ? or going close ratio? Cheers Kim
                        I have just skimmed the head to give it that extra bit of bite and I am on a diet of chocolate and cake in an effort to put enough weight on so that I can kick start it.
                        When you pulled that wheelie last year I was behind you on the challenger (just about to overtake) and I lost three places laughing that hard. How you did not come off the back is a miracle.
                        Going to keep the semi wide box and put a bigger back sprocket on that Terry Sewel got me at the motocross de nations last year when we whipped England's butt in the over 50's class.
                        Looking forward to racing with you and the rest of the bunch this year.

Comment

Did somebody mention Emus.....

Thanks for all the information Brian, as always you are a fantastic source of information and a credit the the Emu club.
                          My pleasure mate, and Boris says hi....!!

Brian.

Comment

Nearly finished,
                            Just have to sort out what to do with the mud guards.
                            They are a bit discoloured to say the least.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Stunning job Craig !.....can't wait to see it racing...(from my rear view Cappra Cam )

For the mudguards - could you not just cheat and spray them ?

Comment

Or just borrow some (gasp) ali one's from Higgo.....!!

Looks awesome Craig, very purposeful and 'ready to race'....top job mate!!

Mind you. that carb would look would look almost as nice on a wooden plinth on the sideboard.....didn't it clean up well, just like the rest of the bike, looks mint!

I'm relieved to hear that you are sticking rigidly to the 'Mr Kipling' sports diet regime though mate......breakfast of champions, that is....!

I'm with Kim (hi mate!), it will indeed be great to see it out racing this year...well done Craig, and hope you have loads of fun with it.

Brian.

Comment

Working...
                                X