No announcement yet.

Griffon QUB rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cable ties and gaffer tape .... Essential racing tools !!

Originally posted by dave higgins View Post
    Andy, i know kims griffons have reverted back to cable ties & gaffa tape...
    HaHa U R Right and they do look rough and bashed but they go like shit ....... Off the proverbial shovel .... Watch me get the hole shot at Stebbing ( bike to right of helmet cam )

Comment

Nice one kim.... that water hole looks like fun!...

Comment

Stebbing best meeting of last year

Track in two fields middle of beautiful village with church at one end .... Most of village turn out to watch ...... And the stream and water hole ..... I struggled until I was given a tip .... As you turn left ind second gear and head down to the stream . Hit the throttle hard and try and jump it .... You land with front wheel on the opposite bank and back wheel in water but your momentum takes u clear !!!!!
        P.s Elf and Safety warning ! This was on a 380 QUB ......U will get different results with lower powered Greeves ..... A Hawkstone would probably land smack in the middle lol
        Last edited by Kim275; 21/12/2014, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Back to the QUB project

Now to sort out the black magic side of bike restorations.
          First photo looks like it has had it, this one is the original off the QUB.
          Second photo is one off a later 250 and looks ok, third photo is off the same bike.

I used to have a good way of measuring the strength of spark at the plug cap but my sister grew up. let me explain.
          I was sixteen and needed to test the spark on my Honda SS50 so I obviously asked my 14 year old sister to help by getting her to stick her finger in the plug cap while I kicked the engine over. The size of her scream and how high she jumped determined the strength of spark I was getting.
          As this method can only be used once per sister (only have the one) is there another way to test using a multi meter or something? The good looking one gives a spark but not sure how strong it is or how strong it has to be.
          Attached Files

Comment

Alternate to lil Sis method

Bradford ignitions - page is useful.....I used it and a few others on the web to determine that my Montesa Cappra ignition was junk...........

I am not a big fan of the motoplat - and probably have some spares kicking around as i use PVL now on my Griffons.

p.s I still think the Little Sister method is a winner

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
              http://www.uk-motoplat.com/testing.html

Bradford ignitions - page is useful.....I used it and a few others on the web to determine that my Montesa Cappra ignition was junk...........

I am not a big fan of the motoplat - and probably have some spares kicking around as i use PVL now on my Griffons.

p.s I still think the Little Sister method is a winner

Kim - what did you use on the Montesa?

Comment

HPI - Horse Power Ignition - Belgium

Andy,

A PVL fo rthe Cappra was quoted at $465 +shipping from US - so i got in touch with Willie at HPI in Belgium - sent him a diagram of shaft taper and the motoplat - and he made up a system...for Euros 185.....bargain

Comment

I bought my PVL from Rex Caunt Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                    Andy,

A PVL fo rthe Cappra was quoted at $465 +shipping from US - so i got in touch with Willie at HPI in Belgium - sent him a diagram of shaft taper and the motoplat - and he made up a system...for Euros 185.....bargain

http://www.hpi.be/item.php?item=210K315
                    Cool!

That is a bargain, I'll be in touch with him soon.

Comment

• Thanks Kim, going to try and get the original working first and then look at improvements after.

Comment

• My exhaust is a bit battered
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I am sure I have seen these for sale somewhere recently.
                          Can anyone point me in the right direction for a couple?
                          Attached Files

Comment

• 30 Years of grime, cleans up nicely
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Bollocks
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I read a question on the forum asking about the type of rivets used to fix the frame tag.
                                Here they are.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X