No announcement yet.

Greeves Championship 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could have a lottery on the answer. I'll plump for 17bhp.
    Colin Sparrow

Comment

On another forum, a gent took a chicken chaser....sorry Italian 50 to set it up and they took longer resetting the dyno than setting the bike!

Comment

very close Colin - 18bhp at the back wheel

.........but after today Zero HP........barrel ripped itself off the crank case.......

will post some pictures and video's - a fantastic day of racing !!!

Scotty was a star in the last Percy Tawn race - was leading for couple of laps - and came second...........
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Kim275; 22/03/2015, 08:02 PM. Reason: added picture

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
          .........but after today Zero HP........barrel ripped itself off the crank case.......

Scotty was a star in the last Percy Tawn race - was leading for couple of laps - and came second...........
          Oh dear!
          Let's see the pics please!
          Sounds like a great day, wish I'd been there.

Comment

Me thinks you may have a tight spot there kim........... glad all you boys had a good days racing.....

Comment

Not a tight spot anymore ! I think I may be down on crankcase pressure tho! Not ideal when u can put your hand in and get your fingers round the Conrad !
              Some video footage to come later cheers Kim

Comment

Where's the duck tape when you're needing it, Kim? Seriously, though, my commiserations. Bad luck old mate!
                Last edited by johnrunnacles; 23/03/2015, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post

Hi all,

Thoughly enjoyed yesterday, so much for running in...... To be fair I did nine laps before letting it have it...

Yes, bad luck Kim with the Mds, you my want to try nametabs new completion crankcases, I have a set on mine, seem good so far.

As to the Percy tawn race, I didn't even know I was leading.... I had a summed lippy bateup had already cleared off, but he was behind me.. I must admit that beating Jim aim and Alex baroana on his gold star felt good.. The trusty hawkstone did me proud....

But.. I'm feeling a bit second hand this morning

Scotty

Comment

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                    Hi all,

Thoughly enjoyed yesterday, so much for running in...... To be fair I did nine laps before letting it have it...

Yes, bad luck Kim with the Mds, you my want to try nametabs new completion crankcases, I have a set on mine, seem good so far.

As to the Percy tawn race, I didn't even know I was leading.... I had a summed lippy bateup had already cleared off, but he was behind me.. I must admit that beating Jim aim and Alex baroana on his gold star felt good.. The trusty hawkstone did me proud....

But.. I'm feeling a bit second hand this morning

Scotty
                    Well done Scotty! What have you done to that Hawkstone? Beating those guys is some achievement, especially Lippy, he normally rides like a nutter!

Comment

If nothing else, Kim's posting (via Brian!) has promoted quite some interest "across the pond" in our Greeves Championship. Facebook was flooded with comments from followers last night and this morning!
                      Good luck with your post off to Simon, Kim. Bit of a challenge, even for him, I suspect?
                      And congratulations Scottie! Bit of a feather in the Greeves cap, that one!!

Comment

Helmet Cam Action of First Greeves Championship race at Marks Tey

All,
                        Hope you enjoy....following video is my first helmet cam ! - next time I will work out how to edit........... Race prep is long on this one - we are kept waiting a long time - just what u want for first race of the season - under starters orders at 4min30 sec and off at 5 mins............Off to a flyer is Dave Watson 775 on my right and into first bend it is Matt McCulloch 640, DAve - Ricky Widowson 312, Matt Valentine 215, and John Bathgate 72 ....et moi (for a while ) and then on the first lap - Richard Hayward 401 and Gary Smith 70 come through both riding fast - but with slow starts.

Onto Lap 2 - and finding gears and issue - (badly positioned gear lever) - and Scotty flies through (running in his Hawkstone... ...I think Not ) - sorted out before enf of the lap - then the race settles down...... at 9 min 40 secs first back marker in sight - including at 11 min 19 secs Adam Bell 235 and Ian Cox 699. who was struggling with his QUB ...only put together late Saturday evening........

Really Good to see John Bathgate back after 2 years and riding well ...

BAck into the pits and then straight out again on the MDS...which only lasts half a lap.......more of that later

The track was a good layout - fast but also technical - and it isn't as smooth as it looks !!

I will get more vids of race 2 and 3 later in the week - assuming this is of interest - hopefully it gives you a little idea of the pace of and passion and some insights into the riders in the championship...remember this was the warm up non points scoring race after a long lay off!! - the racing is going to be good this year !!
                        Cheers Kim

22nd March Marks Tey..............followed by Percy Tawn pre 60 1 lap - till barrel comes adrift :)

p.s my new metal hip held up............arm pump was the killer !!

Comment

riders

riders "association" pls mr thornton
                          Originally posted by Rob View Post
                          Well done chaps, we need to keep pushing the point that we are Greeves RIDERS! Dick and I, although mainly trials, may possibly venture out later in the year. I'm working on a world-beating Hawkstone and electronic ignition for the very dead 250 Griffon. Might even try and get the ex-works 380 back on it's wheels too.

We need to get a section on the forum sorted out for results, etc. Kim suggested it some time ago, I just need to get off my backside. My son is back later this month for 3 weeks so I will get him to help us put.

Went out on a 10 mile cross country this morning with the local running club. The route went past my place and within 200 yards of home, something went ping in my leg and I'm now sharing my wife's (broken ankle) crutches! Glad this didn't happen last weekend when I had the March Hare the next day! At least it's not my kickstart leg but I think riding is out at the moment!

Comment

Well done Kim - Great Footage!

Great stuff mate, thanks for posting!

Glad to hear the hip is all better now, and good to see they had the 'DANGER! FLYING DEBRIS!' sign up ready for when Conrad (!) made his unwelcome appearance..... Bad luck on that one bud....

Keep up the good work Kim!

Brian.

Comment

Hi John, it's Brian.....

Originally posted by johnrunnacles View Post
                              If nothing else, Kim's posting (via Brian!) has promoted quite some interest "across the pond.....
                              That'll be Brian C then I assume Jonah, not Brian T.....

Brian T.

Comment

Of course, Brian T! Hope all is well with your good self?

Comment

Working...
                                X