No announcement yet.

100 mile Scramble, Mortimer Classic MCC July 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

someone might even walk away with a trophy...

WALK??????

Comment

"I think that the least john r can do ( after causing all this trouble ) is to dust off his leather britches... & sign up for one of the gra teams.."

I would, Dave, but I think the bike must have heard my promise to retire because I haven't been able to get much sense out of it since ........... not that I ever did!

Trust you are well?

John R
      Last edited by johnrunnacles; 10/05/2013, 02:30 PM.

Comment

I`m fine thanks john, shame about your bike though!, cause when its dry & the suns out, i think its one of the best tracks around.
        Would you come if they let you ride round the hill?...... dave.

Comment

Thanks for your very sensible response, Dave. That "hill" really is no problem. I have ridden it OK in all conditions many times over the past 10 years, and I have to agree that the course is one of the very best available to the pre65-ers. I just made the mistake of accepting the very kind offer of a borrowed bike on that fateful day, thinking that I would save my own from getting dirty ............ thereby creating a bit of history ......... or should that be infamy ("They've got it in for me!")??
          Perhaps see you there?
          Take care, all.
          John R
          Last edited by johnrunnacles; 25/06/2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

It's alright guys they'll be no problems for the greeves riders this year aswell as as a blue plaque being unveiled at the 'Mount', Mortimer have decided to issue us all with blue badges so at least our fall-offs,stoppages and inconsiderate parking will be authorised
            Punchy 336

Comment

........ and blue would be a perfect match for the colour of the air that still hangs over that particular spot ...........

Comment

Photos from Mortimer July 2011

this shot is from the 2nd Greeves race, day after the 100 miler, not long after the start but before the melee on Runnacles Mount! As you can see full throttle action Nah We were tip toeing around trying to stay upright, Torvill and Dean wouldn't have stayed up on that

There's some runners from this year's EAGN, Church Warden, Vicar's Grip & Felixstowe Flyer are in view but not necessarily in that order

Oh what delightful memories
                Attached Files
                Punchy 336

Comment

Might Somerset Storm be in shot also?
                  Punchy 336

Comment

Looks like me rob, i was probably just coming through to lap those back markers........
                    Funny how your memory fades though!, i could have sworn it was wet!, looks quite ridable there compared to the lake at the lower end of the circuit...

Comment

I remember the day well

I have never seen so many greeves laid down on a hill.

I think only 8 managed to finish the race, I was one of them I am proud to say, thats where trials experience comes in handy

I think JRs hawkstone took many 5s that day

Scotty

Comment

Only the one, Scottie. I knew when to "retire"!
                        Perhaps I should have hung on to that converted Scottish?
                        Or perhaps I needed to have been track-testing that new helmet, Dave?
                        Last edited by johnrunnacles; 19/06/2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Hi JR,

I meant your obstruction ie the Hawkstone, caused many others to five

Nevermind, Im sure people will forget about it soon

Scotty

Comment

What do you mean, Scottie. I left them a good twelve inches either side of me (on the 12 feet wide hill). It was hardly my fault that they had to slow down a bit ................... ?
                            As for long memories, it's only been just on two years since. Give it a chance, for goodness sake!

Comment

Nice one boys It was lucky for me it happened to be John, I imagine it could have been any of us that was the first one to get stuck. The thing is I was mighty relieved as the previous lap I only just got to the top lucky ole me
                              Punchy 336

Comment

100 miler

Having just read Adrians thread I might be able to borrow an oxygyn bottle from my friend who has to use them a lot. Would you like me to ask if I could borrow 1 for the older participants.
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X