Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortimer

Hi all,

Well done team GGB, a fine result. I only wish I had been there to see it.

I had an enjoyable day yesterday in the Greeves championship, I only rode two in the 2 races because of the effects of having a wisdom tooth out in the week

I thought I was going to kill myself in the second race because I was trying to clear my googles after following Dave the mudslinger Higgins, then I got a Huge one handed tank slapper going over the bumps I was very thankful to stay on!!!!

Dad had a day to forget, he got knocked off in race 1 which damaged the old Hawkstone, then the throttle kept sticking in race 2, resulting in a wailing engine and zero points for the day!!

Congratulations again to lads in the 100 miler, and apologies for being anti social yesterday and not catching up with people, (sorry Dave)

Scotty

Comment

Cheers Scotty. I hope you soon feel much more comfortable, well until next Maylandsea at least!

I have to add my thanks to one and all for joining in to keep a Greeves team participating in this event again, as it has, ever since it was introduced into the classic calendar five years ago by the very friendly and well organised Mortimer Club. After last years mudplug and two previously cancelled dates this year it was great that JR's Hillbillies kept enough faith to take part at all. I totally agree that we were indebted to our enthusiatic support team whose help and assistance was easily worth a couple of places in the final pecking order! It was a team effort on the track too, with everyone making an equal contribution by keeping going and fully completing their alloted sessions. Considering we had three virgins making their debuts, I have to take my hat off to them all. Dave, for being up for it continuously from day one in early April, chipping in on the website with his infectious wit and riding his superbly turned out Thundersley Meridian or should it be Meriden Thunderbolt! To Ian and Kim for having to cope with the stress of missing most of Practise but still coming up with the goods when their time came.
      I'm not sure that Pete Griffiths has been mentioned in despatches, but he was also ably supporting us on the day, as he has on previous occasions too.
      Tenth is hardly earth shattering news in the realms of competition motorcycling history, but to four, well three at least anyway, unpretentious clubmen who just love riding their Greeves and whose expectations were perhaps limited to enjoying the day and a high teens finish at best, it was a day that we shall long remember alongside the other events of this great British summer!

Comment

NOOOOO....the cunning plan involves cloning the transponder!!!! I was knackered just walking round snapping and helping out on the start line, I'd need several years in training before I would contemplate getting on a bike again!
        I've attached a few pics to give the flavour of the event. The first shows our team praying for mechanical intervention!!!! Nothing broke after practice, so they all had to ride all their allotted slots.
        Pic 2 shows that some mechanics were better looking than others!!!!
        Pic 3 shows our transponder runner, Ross, fixing the "box" to Ian's bike.
        Pic 4 shows the bibbing process in our pit box.
        Attached Files

Comment

I had better show some riding shots to prove they actually did race!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Brian Catt; 11/09/2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Pic 4 shows the bibbing process in our pit box.[/QUOTE]

Lovely photos' of the day Brian, thank you. Even though he was gracefully submitting to the de-bibbing process you still seem to have captured most of Kim Morley's best features in Pic 4!
            Last edited by ADickerson; 12/09/2012, 08:02 AM. Reason: Second thoughts!

Comment

Originally posted by ADickerson View Post
              Pic 4 shows the bibbing process in our pit box.
              Lovely photos' of the day Brian, thank you. Even though he was gracefully submitting to the de-bibbing process you still seem to have captured most of Kim Morley's best features in Pic 4![/QUOTE] Adrian great summary - and agree one of my better photo's - although when I looked at that shot I was distracted and for some reason didn't notice me in it ........sorry Ian ...................and yes Pete Griffiths did sterling work as the main bike catcher .....as well as his wry wit geeing up the riders !!
              Cheers Kim

Comment

I think i know what brian is on about, with the transponders, attach a dummy one to the bike & just get a friend to keep walking past the transponder reciever point,with the real one, you can do as many laps as you like without even spilling your pint...
                Unfortunately, i can only assume that the team in pic 2, are already using this method, as the lovely young filly in the pic, is caught red handed attaching the fake unit.

Comment

Working...
                X