Mortimer 100 miler (2012.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimer 100 miler (2012.)

Hi all, both myself and rob dickerson are looking for a couple of riders to join our team to compete in the mortimer 100 miler in july, anyone interested can pm punchy or myself.
    Obviously, we only ride to win, but anyone interested must have a sense of humour & be able to deal with dissapointment... dave.

Mortimer 100 miler

Hi Dave,

I wish myself and dad could have made that event, unfortunately we are busy on that day

Me and dad probably would slow you and rob down a bit.

Maybe we could team up next year.

Regards

Scott Chappell

Comment

Scott no way would you and pops let us down. You both beat me by some margin last year in all that mud both of you on hawkstones but hang on a minute, now was that when I stopped to have a chat with a few fellow greeves riders at 'Runnacles Mount'
      Punchy
      Punchy 336

Comment

Hi Rob,

Was it muddy there last year? I Cant remember

I was on the Challenger at that meeting but in fairness i do not think i can ride that any quicker than i can the old iron barrelled Warhorse

Im looking forward to the September meet at Reading, we could rename it the "John Marley Runnacles Hill Knap"

See you all Next Week.

The Hawkstone has now got a new Gearbox mainshaft and 1st gear, I am going to try and not break the poor old thing again

Scotty

Comment

Hello Dave and All.

I guess I out-qualify all others on your criteria, Dave. My sense of humour has been tested to the limit since my last visit to Mortimer, and remains intact, and I doubt there was anyone more disappointed than me not to have completed the course on that fateful day?

It has all been compensated, of course, by the honour (however dubious) of having, firstly, a section of the course named after me, and now (thanks Scottie) it looks like the programme may have to go back to the printers to have the front page altered!

As for letting others down, I reckon I exceeded in that, too, so on this basis, Dave, how do I stand in your reckoning?

With best regards, and tongue firmly in cheek,

Jonah (and I'm not called that for nothing!)

Comment

Hi Jonah only to pleased to have you join in on the posts but more importantly that you join us
            Punchy 336

Comment

And then there were four.

Proud to have you in our team john, Andy z, has also thrown his hat into the ring, so all in all, it could not get any better.
              Thanks for your reply scott, we`ll see you later in the year & hopefully, it won`t be as moist as last year. dave.

Comment

Well done John and Andy, the 4 of you will make a formidable team

I only wish myself and pops could have made it on the Saturday, I hope I can make it on the Sunday though.

Well done for flying the flag for the pre65 and Greeves Clubs

Come on lads!!!!!!

Scotty

Comment

Mortimer

What have I let myself in for?!!!
                  Should be fun, hope its not too muddy though!

Cheers,
                  Andrew

Comment

Only one thing stopping me from joining you all. As Rob and Adrian will attest, I vowed, last year never to return to that venue in case it turned out to be another wet day!!

My limited ability at my age and in such conditions wouldn't be fair on the rest of you.

And I wouldn't fancy the other Team's chances if I were to join you Guys? How would they ever get through my barricade on Runnacles (dis)Mount?

John R
                    Last edited by johnrunnacles; 23/05/2012, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Welcome aboard fellas great to have you both in the team hopefully catch up with you next weekend at Marks Tey
                      Punchy 336

Comment

looks like its gonna have to be graham noyce then!!

You can`t blame for trying john.. it was worth a shot, mind you, if you do change your mind!!, we can try & get a bypass put in for you.?(

Comment

Hi Dave, Rob - Couldn't work out whether John is in or not - either way - would love to join you guys if there is a free berth - If not happy to go in as a reserve
                          Cheers Kim

Comment

Mortimer

Originally posted by Kim275 View Post
                            Hi Dave, Rob - Couldn't work out whether John is in or not - either way - would love to join you guys if there is a free berth - If not happy to go in as a reserve
                            Cheers Kim
                            Hi Kim, Dave, Rob & John,

Excellent news!! All we have to do now (apart from the actual race) is think up a name for the team...

I expect the witty comments will come flooding in now......

Cheers,
                            Andrew

Comment

Hi team, great news kim, they just as well send the trophy on to us now..

Comment

Working...
                              X