Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
    Hi Adrian and Team,

I'm truly flattered! This might well be the last time the word "youth" is mentioned in the same subject as myself!

I'll be riding the 360 Challenger, its the only bike I have running at the moment! I'll have bodge-up the gearbox though....

I was joking about the real trophy, the fake one is fine with me, as long as its big!
    Can't wait, it'll be much more fun than solo racing, I'm sure.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Nice response Andy. I suspect I was about your age when I found Pre65 so I hope you'll forgive the expression! With a bit of luck you'll only need third & top at Mortimer! It's a great event and I wish you all a brilliant day, judging from the banter you've a great team spirit already. Just don't do an Evan and break your collar bone in practise. I hope all entries are in for the 24th June at MT, could be a good warm up. Sorry Dave, it's a bit far for you, hope you've a meeting your end before the big(trophy) day.

Comment

Adrian, yeah, we have a great team, warm ups include, devon next w/end & then the british bike bonnaza, which should be cracking, so all ready. dave.

Comment

Dave - looks like you've got a couple of meets to get dialled in !! - For the rest of the crew - I will be over to Marks Tey on the 26th and plan to get a couple of practice days in before that (I haven't ridden for about 8 weeks mainly due to poor weather ) - and hopefully all three of my Greeves will be ready for the 100 Miler

I just replaced the head on my QUB - as current one was suffering detonation.....squish band too shallow and tight ......this one is de-tuned to 12:1 and re-machined.....looks weird - as the head is off my other QUB - with cut off fins but am sure it will fly :

Appreciate the support from JR and Brian on the day - be good to get some action shots of the winning team :
        Cheers Kim

Comment

100 Miler

Just got my entry back from Mark Bosher - I assume we still have a team???

I'm in team number 9, I hope that's correct!!

Cheers,
          Andrew

Comment

we do have a team andy, bit strange, though that me and kim are in team 8, only joking comrade, we`ll be there. dave.

Comment

My apologies, team, but it looks like I am going to have to renege on my earlier promise to be there. The missus has just informed me that we have "company" for Saturday, and I have to wear the dreaded apron.

Sorry, too, Brian, but I'm confident that your photography would have out-shone mine in any case.

Have a good day, fellas, and bring home that silverware!

jonah

Comment

No problem john, although i have to admit, this team has had more line up changes than status quo.... but, i for one will be there on the start line, on sat morning, weather/cancelation permiting.
                I do hope kim & ian are still available & willing to share the embarassment, with andrew & myself, as its gonna be a great day...
                I have not seen the long range forcast, but a betting man would go for mud, mud, & more wet mud, so nothing new there then!, hope you can make it, with your camera as well brian, for some action shots.
                Lets hope for a dry spell. dave.
                Last edited by dave higgins; 09/07/2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Hi DAve - yes still up for the 100 miler....may have to pull out of the racing next day - as I have another clash.............really hoping for some decent weather - but I think your prediction is more likely

I saw Ian at Battlesbridge and he is ready to go.
                  Looking forward to it - see you there.
                  GO TEAM #9
                  Cheers Kim

Comment

Team 9

Looks like it will be muddy, or even very muddy!
                    I also have another commitment on the Sunday, so won't be there.

Can't wait!!!!

Cheers,
                    Andrew

Comment

Cancelled!!!

Just had Mark Bosher on the phone, its all off due to the weather

On the plus side, our hose-pipe ban has been lifted today!

Andrew

Comment

Andy just seen this message on the Web site "We regret to announce the cancellation of our July meeting due to the current weather and track conditions. News will be announced here when available. Watch this space!"
                        Real shame as like you was really up for this one . Bloody weather !!

Comment

What a dissapointment, its july, i`ve had two scrambles & there are only five left, in my area this year.
                          I know you can`t blame anyone or anything bar the weather, but its just very disheartening, never my lads, we`ll do it next year. dave.
                          Last edited by dave higgins; 10/07/2012, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Hi Dave I am like you gutted. I normally do 15 plus events a year . I have done 3 this year and now maybe 5 max . This season is a write off
                            Let's go for this one next year though . Cheers Kim

Comment

If it's any consolation, lads, and I know it ain't, others of us survived the almost total write-off of meetings in 2001 (due to the foot-and-mouth outbreak). Take my word for it, you'll all be back with a renewed vigour, next year.

Meanwhile, make the best of what is left of this season, and go on from there.

jonah
                              Last edited by johnrunnacles; 09/07/2012, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Good point John - the foot and mouth was also a bad season..........hopefully we get some good rides later in the year - and the best "heat wave " season ever next year ...when of course we will also be wingeing about dust and track watering ......but at least we will be riding !!

Comment

Working...
                                X