Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Norris View Post
    Hello Colin
    I have normally taxed my vehicles on line. Will I now have to get the above forms and go to a post office?
    Mike Short answer is NO. I taxed my BSA on line yesterday. There is a box you tick to say you conform. Just go to the DVLA website tax my vehicle easy to follow.
    No mot or tax cannot be bad.
    One Life Live it

Comment

Filled in the V112 form that John posted a link for and took along the V5C for a bike (historic) that has been on sorn for years, to our local post office today. They taxed it with no problems.

Comment

Had tax reminder for East Coaster today (expires 1st July 2018) took it along with a completed V112 to local PO Office. Lady at counter asked for MoT cert but I referred her to the V112 form, she then did transaction on the computor and gave me a reciept. Current MoT does not expire till 28th June so presumably that will change to 'MoT Exempt' after that date.
        The PO lady gave me back the V112 form

Comment

MoT status

Just checked MoT status for my 1965 East Coaster, MoT ran out 28th June, it is now showing 'MoT no results found', when it should state 'MoT exempt' under the new 40 year exemption for Historic vehicles. Anyone else got this

Comment

MoT status

Just checked mine John. It expired on 1st June and says "No results returned".
            Will have to see what happens when the tax runs out end of November!
            Ian Wilkinson '61 Scottish 24TD118

Comment

I think they have not re programmed the system to take account of the new extension to the MoT exemption. If you look up a pre 1961 vehicle is says MoT Exempt, so clearly that wording is on the system already. I have emailed DVSA to tell them

Comment

Had this reply today from DVSA in reply to my email asking why my bike is not now listed as MoT Exempt.
                Looks like the usual official generic response and not directly referring to my bike

Dear Mr Wakefield

Thank you for your email enquiry dated 13 July 2018, concerning the above registration.

Under new legislation that came into effect on 20 May 2018, certain vehicles constructed or first registered more than 40 years ago are now exempt from MOT testing, unless they have been substantially changed.

As long as the DVLA have a date of manufacture/first use on the vehicle record which shows the vehicle is over 40 years old, the on-line tax renewal system and other enforcement systems should automatically pick up that the vehicle is MOT exempt.

If, for some reason, the system is still not allowing a vehicle to be taxed, there is also a V112 (self-declaration from MOT) application form that can be completed and taken to a Post Office.

The V112 can be found here and was updated to show the above exemption on 20 May 2018.

The online MOT History check service will always show the previous MOT history for this vehicle and advises when out of test, it will also advise that the vehicle may be exempt from testing with links to the exemption information.

The online DVLA vehicle enquiry service appears to show the MOT section in green with the wording 'no details held/no results found' for exempt vehicles. You may wish to check this information with the DVLA direct on 0300 790 6802

I hope this information has assisted you with your enquiry, but if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Over 90% of customers surveyed are satisfied with the service we have provided. Let us know what you think by clicking here.

Kind regards,
                Elizabeth O’Connell | Customer Service Centre
                Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency | Ellipse, Padley Road, Swansea, SA1 8AN
                Phone: 0300 123 9000

Comment

Working...
                X