No announcement yet.

Lights on ISDT bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is hard to tell in black & white photos, but in most of them, including the one at Bordon, it looks dark, so one would assume it was painted by then. Being chromed, it would hardly seem worth painting it. A Comerfords colour, perhaps?

Comment

This is the tank on a Royal Enfield, chrome with burgundy painted center section. Here is a link to an article on the bike, tank was 15 litres capacity (3.3 imperial gallons) https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/c...-zmtz17mazhur/
      Attached Files
      Last edited by John Wakefield; 02/03/2024, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
        Thanks Lawrence I have turned and cropped two of the pics to give a better view. Who are the 3 guys with Mary? The tall guy looks like Dave Nicholl the ex BSA works motorcross rider, but not sure he ever rode in the ISDT.
        Hi John
        These are photos of the smaller Alloy Tank as you can see it was in a sorry state.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hi John
          You may well have this one of SOO24D.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence Hampton View Post
            Hi John
            You may well have this one of SOO24D.
            So who are these guys? This is what I have on SOO24D former owners Don Morley and Andrew Barton, Benfleet. Sold Bonhams Stafford 19/10/03 ?6555, on SORN 3/17. seen Telford show 10/2/24 current owner unknown
            Attached Files
            Last edited by John Wakefield; 03/03/2024, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Where is this thread going? It seems to be wandering aimlessly, starting with lights on ISDT bikes, now we have 1-day trials bikes...... Time for a new thread?

Comment

Just to add my two pennorth, the Comerfords Greeves had an extra tapping on the standard Steffa lighting coil to pinch a few watts to fool the scrutineers
                ​​​​ I believe all the isdt Greeves used this system after dropping the big Steffa unit (1967). When Mick Barrett built up the Rathmell bike he used a smallbattery in the air box

Comment

So who are these guys? This is what I have on SOO24D former owners Don Morley and Andrew Barton, Benfleet. Sold Bonhams Stafford 19/10/03 ?6555, on SORN 3/17. seen Telford show 10/2/24 current owner unknown
                  I cannot help identify the 2 guys. But, i can say that the photo was taken at one of the Greeves trials organised by Bob Drane and held at Covenbrooke Hall. The estate owned by John Pease. Date i would estimate late nineties. I will dig out a supporting photo from that event.
                  Last edited by Phil Hyde; 03/03/2024, 05:04 PM. Reason: Alteration of context.

Comment

Hi John
                    The tallish guy on the left I believe to be Bill Brooker, as for the others not known by me. I have other photos which I shall post.
                    Rgds
                    Lawrence.

Comment

John
                      More of the same.
                      Rgds
                      Lawrence
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

The original thread has drifted a bit. Here is a view from Covenbrooke Hall line up from the opposite end. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1795.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	649.8 KB
ID:	98246

Comment

Just to add that my pic from Bordon was taken during an ISDT training event, but I cannot tell who rode that bike, but I do remember that most of the accompanying Challenger based bikes were suffering from problems and the chrome tank appeared on a Welsh ridden by Jim Sandiford.

Comment

Working...
                          X