No announcement yet.

59 Scottish 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John R is it the standard clutch arm or from another engine?
    john w no the thread is useless. You can wobble the plug when it’s in place and when it goes down the thread you can feel how lose it is. My mate will helicoil it, I will also flat plate the head to ensure it’s square.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221024_153647.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	521.0 KB
ID:	97557 Std Clutch arm, just can't Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200518_160248.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	515.4 KB
ID:	97558 remember which model motor it came from.
      I got mine from Villiers Spares, but that was over 30 years ago now.

whitehillbilly

Comment

Thanks buddy
        i I will email Gary I need some bits anyway

Comment

Gary (on here) will be able to help you with that, Tim. British Bikes 1970.

Comment

Thanks john
            as above Ill email him. As I say I need to order other bits.

Comment

So I’ve finally managed to ‘complete’ my first trial I use the words advisedly. Lots of issues have become apparent. Engine wise I had to have the plug thread helicoiled then it blew the head gasket the day before it was a paper one. I made a new one out of gasket paper, and one of the other club riders had a spare new alloy one however it didn’t fit. It’s now apparent that I have a 250 barrel with a 197 head. So I’ll need a 250 head, the compression is far too high, the carb flooded a few times so I’ll need to sort that and I’m going to change to electronic ignition.
              I need to source a better pipe as well.
              chassis wise I need a chainguard, to alter the footrests to low and far forward and do like wise with the rear brake pedal.
              this is amongst all the other bits I need to do. A work in progress as they say.

Comment

Paper head gasket? No wonder it blew! No gasket at all is better than any form of a paper one.

Comment

John this is just yet another example of the bodges I’ve found on the bike. I’m honestly not surprised. It’s the gift that keeps giving, I’ve held off from replacing the old rear tyre due to monstrous bodges I found doing the front wheel, alas I’m no longer able to. I shall report on the horrors that will await me.

Comment

Head gasket needs to be metal. Even gasket paper is no good for that purpose.

Comment

Working...
                    X