No announcement yet.

Monza cap fitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could maybe use System Restore to go back to a clean version of your system?

Comment

Hi Ian,

I spent some time looking for methods online and what steps you take are dependant on your system, i.e. what version of windows, your browser etc. I'm sure you'll be aware of this already.

I did a search for 'how to remove pop ups' and various sites came up with instructions on how to do it including removing malware etc. My system automatically blocks pop ups which is why I never saw it on the link I posted, so I would also check that you have similar installed. It blocks the pop up so that you can't inadvertently click on it, which seems to be what happened here.

I found instructions on how to enable pop up blockers for various systems as well and it looked pretty straightforward to do with a few clicks once you know what to ask it to do in the menus. Again, it's a different process depending on which system you are running.

I sincerely hope you get it sorted ok Ian. I don't know what else I can say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

While I'm on I'd like to take the opportunity to apologise to Rusty for what has happened to his thread. Thanks to Ian S posting the pics of the neck adaptor he turned up for his Honda, at least you can now see how the top part of the cap with the hinge and ring threads onto the separate neck part which fits to the tank. This was the reason I posted the offending link, in order to provide an illustration so you could compare what you have and see if that answered your question, all in good faith and which Ian C understands thankfully. I hope you can too.

It was from a genuine desire to try and help you out with your query and I'm really sorry that it all went so wrong, especially for Ian C. As mentioned above, as my system blocks pop ups automatically there was no way I could have known that the link was dodgy, but nonetheless I feel really bad that this has occurred. It's crazy when I think of all the useful and safe links I have provided on here over many years and without any issues occurring and it honestly puts me off ever posting a link again on this site. Clearly, we all have an individual responsibility to ensure our computer systems are as secure as possible as well as all the usual caveats when using the internet. But still, I feel I have let people down and that was not my intention.

I hope you get your Monza cap issue sorted out Rusty, and good luck with the rest of your rebuild.

Brian.

Comment

I think we've all done things which in retrospect may not have been as wise as we thought at the time, so don't worry too much. There is a way of checking a website via https://www.urlvoid.com/ but it tells me that the original target of the link is OK. As is the one it sends to you. HOWEVER, the one that you're then sent to (https://expres-bonustop.life) comes up with 3 warnings.

Comment

I think I have stopped them now. Easy when you know how.....

Comment

Hi guys, sorry for tardy reply and I am sorry about all the hassle over my question, I'm not completely up to speed with spy and malware but glad you are able to sort the problem out. The photos definitely helped to clarify the fitting. I have not tried to unscrew it yet ( may need some heat from hot air gun) but will keep you informed of my progress. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Good warning to the rest of us, many thanks.........................but if the pop ups appear here we wiill know who to blame!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X