TCS-frame number query.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCS-frame number query.

I all, I plan to build a Greeves trail bike,I've bought a frame off ebay and need to identify the model and the engine that should have been originally fitted, the number is 60/1733,no engine parts came with frame,but i do already have some engine parts to build a motor, thanks derek.

trials frame.

hi derek.
    The frame you have is a 1960 tcs scottish trials, engine was 32a 246cc & the type is m13, you did purchase the frame from myself & hope you were pleased with it, seeing this has reminded me that you require a reciept for registration purposes which i will do now, dave.

Comment

Frame Numbers and Identity etc.

Originally posted by DEREK WALTER View Post
      I all, I plan to build a Greeves trail bike,I've bought a frame off ebay and need to identify the model and the engine that should have been originally fitted, the number is 60/1733,no engine parts came with frame,but i do already have some engine parts to build a motor, thanks derek.
      Hi Derek, and a warm welcome to the forum!

For information, on the main GRA website there is a page to assist with identifying Greeves from their frame numbers. Click on this link; http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/identify

1960 24TCS Scottish Trials 246cc Villiers 32A M13 60/1400

Also, the GRA holds the original factory dispatch records where they may be a little more information about the bike the frame was original fitted to (where it was originally dispatched to, any 'special order' items, etc.) Club members can request a search of the records and further details on this service are in 'Leading Link' (club newsletter). There is further information on archive material on the GRA website;http://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/archives

All the best with your rebuild!

Brian.
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 18/12/2010, 06:25 AM. Reason: Link added and additional text.

Comment

frame number.

Thanks Brian, I will now try to get a log book,then 32a engine bits,Thanks again Derek.

Comment

Working...
        X