Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking To Understand The Differences Between Pathfinder Enduro And Trials Models.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gear selectors

Most of the continental small capacity two strokes (Sach/Zundapp etc) used the draw key' selector method. The reason is that it takes up less width
    thus enabling 5 & 6 speeds to be fitted in the space of 4 conventional dogged gears. I dont recall that the Sach 6 speed box suffered unduly from draw key wear, I think they used balls activated by a rod operating through the hollow main shaft, a better design, but same principal. The gear selection was positive as well.

Comment

Thanks for the description on that Druid, I hadn't seen that method, but I have seen the balls type as John described.

Comment

Original Greeves Pathfinder Specification Sheet.

Following recent interest in Pathfinder enduro and trials models on here, I had a dig through my files and found this specification sheet detailing the production differences between the two types (see attached scans.)

[I know the second image is a bit small to read (we have to keep image sizes within set limits on here), but as with other material I've posted, feel free to download them onto your computer (right click, then 'save as' etc) and you'll be able to enlarge them to view.]

Anyway, I hope it's of use/interest.

Brian.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 12/04/2012, 10:12 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Thanks Brian...these are great! Much Help!

Sooo, this trials version Pathfinder I have...gentleman that restored did a great job..was in Canada.

Has a kookie little box that ties into the exhaust, says it was for Canada emisions??

I know he did a nice home made end piece to the muffler related to "it was too darn loud"..

Anyone heard of such? Little box inside of it with wires that run to the coil under the tank?

I need to post some pictures.

Thanks all,
          Tammy

Comment

Nice one!

Hey Tammy, you are very welcome, and I'm pleased the scans are helpful to you.

Other members (with a lot more knowledge of these bikes than me!) have contibuted some really useful info on Pathfnders in recent months. Check out some of the other posts and threads-good stuff!

Brian.

Comment

Working...
            X