No announcement yet.

TFS bikes loaned to road racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that and my TES as well John, what dealers are asking for bikes is another story entirely the TFS has done less than 100miles, since i purchased it after it had an engine rebuild and used on the road never seen mud except from wet muddy fields at Shows. cheers Dicky

Comment

Originally posted by Dick F View Post
      Yes that and my TES as well John, what dealers are asking for bikes is another story entirely the TFS has done less than 100miles, since i purchased it after it had an engine rebuild and used on the road never seen mud except from wet muddy fields at Shows. cheers Dicky
      I'd be hard pushed to choose between the two! Both such tidy bikes.

Comment

Apart from the Geoff Duke bit, that bike has one of the sweetest running Villiers engines I have ever heard!

Comment

Hi all, pleased to say have just purchased Dicks 24TFS love the providence of Geoff Duke. Nearly too nice to use.
          Also got LHK 46C, frame number 24TFS 339 registered to Bill Brooker/Don Smith which I use in my own woodland. Anyone have any info on this bike from the early days?
          Thanks to Dick and his wife for their hospitality.

Comment

Originally posted by Anzani man View Post
            Hi all, pleased to say have just purchased Dicks 24TFS love the providence of Geoff Duke. Nearly too nice to use.
            Also got LHK 46C, frame number 24TFS 339 registered to Bill Brooker/Don Smith which I use in my own woodland. Anyone have any info on this bike from the early days?
            Thanks to Dick and his wife for their hospitality.
            I think you got a good buy there!

As for the other bike, maybe start a new thread about it? Might be some information that comes to life - not heard of that one myself.

Comment

There already is a thread on LHK46C (24TFS339) https://www.greeves-riders.org.uk/fo...-engine-number

Comment

The Mike Hailwood TFS BTR51B (24TFS184) now with Barry Wade of Uckfield https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1

CORRECTION should read Phil Read
                Last edited by John Wakefield; 19/03/2020, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                  The Mike Hailwood TFS BTR51B (24TFS184) now with Barry Wade of Uckfield https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1
                  Phil Read ; )

Comment

Yes indeed Ian, the Mike Hailwood TFS was JWC48C (24TFS240)

Comment

Working...
                    X