Spindle for tin/paddle hub.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spindle for tin/paddle hub.

I need spindle measurements of front hub, I seem to have various ones so need to sort which is correct. Many thanks, Les.

Greeves Wheel Spindle Factory Drawings.....

I posted some Greeves wheel spindle factory drawings here that may be of help Les.....http://greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/...indle+drawings

I also posted a bunch of Greeves hub drawings which also include illustrations of various spindles that may further assist the identification process....http://greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/...light=drawings

Just click on the links above and they'll take you straight to the relevent threads.

Brian.
    Last edited by Brian Thompson; 28/01/2017, 01:16 PM. Reason: Links added.

Comment

Front Wheel Spindle...Tin Hub

Hi Les, the spindle you want is, overall length 8.5 inches with a raised centre spacing of 2 5/8 inch width, with 3.5 inch to spacing on one side and 2 5/8 from the other side of spacing to end of spindle.The threaded portion is 1 3/4 on both sides. the thread is 9/16 x20tpi. The bosses should be interference fit for a 6202 bearing.These are all approx measurements but should be ok to identify from your collection of spindles.I can photograph one if you cannot identify from my description...let me know....John P

Comment

Info no good Les....?

Originally posted by mayfield View Post
        ....please say hello when you visit lots of friends are made this way....
        As you recently posted re the Bristol Show Les, and quite right too....but surely the same applies on here when people have tried to offer helpful information to a query....surely it's just 'good form' to post a simple response/acknowledgment....

This one too....http://greeves-riders.org.uk/forums/...ead.php?t=6207

Sorry Les, but I just felt I needed to say something following your post. The forum benefits from people's support too, and some us try hard to do that.

Brian.
        Last edited by Brian Thompson; 29/01/2017, 11:21 AM. Reason: Link added.

Comment

Hi Brian,
          Had a quick look at your previous posts. Very helpful.

Now if you really want to make me fall off the chair please help me find a drawing of the front wheel/spindle on a Mk2 QUB

Chin up my good friend.

Comment

Hi Craig,

I aready had a look for you when you first mentioned the front wheel spindle issue ages ago, but no joy I'm sad to say...... I have very little on the later bikes, Giffons/QUB especially.....

Have you tried asking Rob? I know he's got lots on his plate and is working his **** off on behalf of the club at the moment, but I'm sure he'd have a look for you...

Unless, of course, anyone on here can help....?

Good hunting bud.

Brian.
            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 29/01/2017, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Spindle for tin/paddle hubs

Hi.Brian, I am not clear as to your comments regarding my post ref.the Bristol Show, if it's because I have not acknowledged the helpful responses given to my query I can only apologise, this will be done when a conclusion is reached. Regards Les.

Comment

Spindle for tin/paddle hub.

Further to my query regarding measurements, with John's help{thanks John} I can now identify that I can adapt a rear spindle,which I have to hand,as I have to farm out this adaption I will remove a front spindle from another of my bikes to provide a pattern.Thanks. Les.

Comment

Working...
                X