Tfs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
    I guess I have the same issue with the seat. I don't really want to start altering the rear sub frame, so I may just have to live with it. Is that a Wassel seat Ian?
    I've no idea what the seat is - I thought it was stock, but the previous owner did have it recovered.

Comment

I have a new Wassel trials seat waiting to be fitted in due course. It looks very similar to the one on your bike, but being universal, the rear mounting holes on the sub frame bracket don't line up. I'll just drill a couple of holes in the bracket.
      Colin Sparrow

Comment

Here are a couple more pics from the Mons event, with the machine a little more dirty.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ian640; 18/11/2016, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Ian, I'd love to hear more about that Mons event! Last time I went to Mons was to help run a battlefield tour (and no, it wasn't in 1914 either, it just feels like it!) We used to go over to Awaiyle (?), down near Liege with our bikes back in the day. Trouble was the hospitality with Belgium beer available on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON - what a novelty that was!! We finished the trial at 3 and by 4 we were just about legless in the local cafe! Then we had the 'banquets pour les pilotes' to face in the evening. I well remember when our hotel ended up with a port couloured stripe from a 3rd floor window to the pavement, provided by quite a well known rider from kent!

Quite fancy a classic trip back over but with far more sensible behaviour this time of course!

Comment

Well I believe it's the oldest pre-65 event on mainland Europe, with the organising club's site here and the details of the event here. There was an optional hill climb after the trial but I didn't attempt that, as I'm still breaking in the TFS (I'll think of another excuse for next year :-)).

It sounds like not much has changed since you competed over there - the trial was single venue, with a beer tent, and dinner on the evening of day 1. Whilst the trial was still competitive, the social side was just as much a part of the weekend. The atmosphere was great and everyone really friendly. I wouldn't count on behaving much more sensibly

As we're discovering there's no need to wait until next November as there are a plethora of similar events, the Bilstain Classic being one that was recommended.

Cheers,

Ian.
            Last edited by ian640; 19/11/2016, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Sounds just up are street Captain, great to do that event some time, will you be blowing the whistle when we go over the top!! the special test should be interesting

Comment

Working...
              X