• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Carlsberg Made Gear Levers....

Good one Gary, thanks for the chuckle.

Comment

Gear levreages

I have a stranger in the camp i have a gear lever here i brought from mssrs gollins and its chrome but never saw one on a greeves ?

Comment

speedo and the mot

I had my Anglian moted yesterday.
        I asked the tester about the need for a speedo and he said that it is not a requirement to have such on a bike to pass the mot. however it failed for noise. I made a muffler by fitting a piece of tube over the end to clamp a washer to the end of the exhaust. this greatly reduced the bark and it passed the next day.
        Mike

Comment

And took it off again the day after that..?
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Spoke to my tame MOT man today. He said that a machine of that age should not be failed on noise, only much newer bikes. I think they need special markings on the exhaust or some old EEC nonsense.

Hope you've got it sorted Mike - you'll be OK for next year's Arbuthnot!

Comment

Originally posted by stormer254 View Post
              Ossa gearchange pedal fits
              The one I just bought from a early 70s Ossa didn't fit! What year & model are you using the pedal from?

David.

Comment

Originally posted by 46T Sprocket View Post
                The one I just bought from a early 70s Ossa didn't fit! What year & model are you using the pedal from?

David.
                I dont actually know, I lent the bike to a friend who lost the pedal and told me he had replaced it with a Ossa one, sorry if the info has caused you a problem.

Comment

gear lever

hi folksthe original makers of a lot of pattern parts for the british industry was mce of watery lane birmingham, they also had lorry loads of genuine parts from the bsa/triumph group delivered monthly sid the boss used to pay me to go up to the wharehouse to sort out what bits had arrived so he could list them for resale,it was amazing what the factories got rid of in those days,w. e wassell was one of their competitors the other side of birmingham over in burntwood . after many changes wassell are now trading from lincolnshire h i have had a trade account with them since the early days so if any gra member wants any information on the parts they supply i can help out, and probably supply at a price which will make most dealers cry, a small note the pattern parts which mce used to supply were renowned in the trade for being not of the best quality will

Comment

Originally posted by stormer254 View Post
                    I dont actually know, I lent the bike to a friend who lost the pedal and told me he had replaced it with a Ossa one, sorry if the info has caused you a problem.
                    No big expense. Just disappointed as the pedal is all I need to complete my Pathfinder. It will go back on Ebay from whence it came.......

David.

Comment

Working...
                    X