X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shes a Beauty

Thats looks great,

It makes mine look real sad

Thanks for the inspiration, could I have some close up shots of your footrests please, thats the sort of thing i had in mind for mine.

Regards

Scott

Ps I like the exhaust aswell
    Last edited by scott151; 06/09/2013, 11:31 AM. Reason: Forgot somthing

Comment

Well done Scott, look forward to seeing some pics.

From what you say it sounds like a fair price, at least you don't have huge travelling expenses to get it - this can easily add £100+ to something which looks cheap on ebay. Plus the only cheaper ones I've seen recently have been really ropey!

I love bananas too, I have 3 bikes with them!

Cheers,
      Andrew

Comment

Got It

Picked the TFS up last nite

Il post pics when I can, it was raining heavy last nite.

Looking at the Green log book last nite showed all the previous keepers.

If anybody recoignises any names please let me know.

Owner 1, Comerfords registered on 23/11/1964
        Owner 2, JH Hodgkinson (Hastings Sussex)
        Owner 3, John Taylor (Claygate Surrey)
        Owner 4, Thomas Joseph Boyls (New Maldon Surrey)
        Owner 5, Dennis Laurence Howarth (Addlestone Surrey)
        Owner 6, Peter Malcolm Kerrison (Yately Hants)
        Owner 7, John Richard Kean (Chiddingfold Surrey)
        Owner 8, Alan John Clarke (Watton-At-Stone Herts)
        Owner 9, Roy Jones (Tonwell Herts) He got the bike april 79
        Owner 10, Me

Regards

Scott

Comment

Tfs

Scott with that date on the logbook you can now enter Pre65 Scottish

Comment

TFS Photos

Hi All,

I have finally got some photos of the tfs.

I have got them off my phone.

Regards

Scott151
            Attached Files

Comment

Additional Photos

Added Photos, Please she previous page for more photos.

Regards

Scott
              Attached Files
              Last edited by scott151; 05/11/2013, 03:19 PM. Reason: added comment

Comment

Just wanted to bump this thread, Id love to hear any comments on the bike.

Are the handlebar lever covers original? They look like they could have been hand made? (I know the handle bars are too high) has anybody got any original chrome trials handlebars??

Regards

Scott

Comment

Hi Scott
                  Seems like a fair TFS to me, but them bars do look a bit errrm well lets say not quite right.
                  As for the lever covers they look original and certainly of the period.

Colin

Comment

Those lever covers are still available new and fit nicely over the Amal alloy competition levers found on the Spanish twinshock trials bikes…….
                    I have set printed up Ossa unsurprisingly on My Ossa GP2.

Comment

Scotty's TFS.

Originally posted by scott151 View Post
                      Just wanted to bump this thread, Id love to hear any comments on the bike.

Are the handlebar lever covers original? They look like they could have been hand made? (I know the handle bars are too high) has anybody got any original chrome trials handlebars??

Regards

Scott
                      Hi mate,

Further to our recent emails etc......

Re the lever covers, I have a pair with 'Greeves' printed on 'em, probably similar to the Ossa versions that Gr11mpy mentioned he had (see pic 1, and hearty greetings Mr G by the way!)

As far as bars go, I've also attached a copy of 'Greeves Factory Information Sheet 4 - Handlebar Bends' for you to have a look at (see pic 2.) The TFS Parts Book shows the original part as M31/X2 and dimensions are listed for these bars, with the rise being 4". I have a set of 'generic' pre65/classic style trials bars on my TCS that I get on with very well, and I've seen many Greeves fitted with them. I've attached a pic of my TCS so you can have a look at 'em and see what you think (see pic 3.) The nearest I've seen to them is the ones that Sammy Miller Products do, although they have a 6" rise. I'm not sure if they do other rises, but you can have a look at them here;

Dicky F mentioned to me that he fitted risers to his handlebar clamps on his TFS and it made a really positive difference, so it might be that the 6" rise might work well too, and negate the need for risers under the clamps.

Another source worth checking is Villiers Services. I once saw a pair just like mine on Steve's stand at the AGM, about the same money too as I remember.

Either way, you know what you're after mate, just find some that feel good to you and enjoy!

Hope this helps your deliberations bud.

Brian.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 05/11/2013, 11:29 PM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

Hi Scott - I have got chrome 7/8th dia. handle bars off a Greeves Ranger for sale in good condition. I am asking 20 quid plus shipping from USA. Let me know if interested. BTW nice TFS! Did the TFS trial originally have a different exhaust pipe?

Paul
                        Attached Files

Comment

Tfs

Hi Scott, original bars were high tensile silver not chrome and were 1" with the twist grip area reduced to 7/8"... John P.

Comment

1">7/8" HT Bars.

Hi John,

That's a very good point, and the 1" diameter tubing is confirmed in the factory information sheet I posted earlier, swaged down to 7/8" at the ends as you say. (The 'HT' bars are described in the factory brouchure I also posted.)

I've always assumed this must have been to standardise control lever/throttle fitments across the range and keep costs down as much as anything else.... Another interesting and largely unsung Greeves innovation too, especially when you look at the very similar 'fat bar' style so widely used these days.

Scott, it'd be interesting to see if your bike has aquired a set of 7/8" handlebar clamps along the way (looks possible from the pics)....whats the od of the bars mate?

Brian.
                            Last edited by Brian Thompson; 07/11/2013, 11:47 PM. Reason: Speeling!

Comment

Tfs

Hi all,

Thanks for the offer of the ranger bars pgc40 but I think il pass on them as they are not what I was after, but thanks for the offer.

As to my bars, I'm sure they are 7/8, my bike does not have the the correct tfs speedo cowl that the production bikes have either, I never knew they fitted inch bars to the tfs?

I think I may have sourced a suitable set now, it's amazing whats lurking in the Chappell family collection

Thanks for all your input.

Regards

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X