Leading link vs Ceriani on Anglian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REH -V- Ceriani's

As Phil says there are no part interchangeabilities between REH and Ceriani, or for that matter Metal Profile trials fork legs. And not least because all three have different overall leg and main tube lengths, with the Ceriani's being by far the shortest.

To further complicate matters MX intended forks will be different internally and certainly as far as Ceriani's go main fork leg length, damping components and fork springs etc. REH and MP both used longer main stanchion tubes and internal springs etc etc.

You can though quite usefully interchange the various fork yoke combinations between these three different makers fork legs, for instance so as to alter your bikes fork rake and trail.and you can also mess use the longer (MX type) Ceriani chrome fork tubes so as to lengthen a early Anglian (tele forked) fork leg lengths.

Sounds complicated I know, but not much so as long as you have the RIGHT Greeves usage type components to experimenting with, and where (for what its worth) I opt for 1" longer (MX Type) Ceriani main fork tubes mated to softer springs and my Anglian's own bottom legs.

Likewise though the REH forks were arguably the least well made, they happen to work brilliantly, indeed they are the best of all three of these different fork types in my view, certainly miles better action than either of the two different types of Ceriani fork yoke set ups Greeves themselves fitted to the THS type Anglians.

For various reasons these Ceriani versions were THE least well suited for the Anglian, mostly because the legs were too short and so the potential movement had to be artificially restricted so as to get sufficient mudguard to tyre to fork clearance etc, and in any case the yoke angles were also all wrong.

So my view is I much prefer using MP or REH Yokes on my own bikes BUT mated to my 1" longer modified genuine Anglian Ceriani fork legs, though even then I would still have to admit the tele forked bike will never steer quite as well as those with 'Banana' forks.

Don Morley
    Last edited by Don Morley; 13/12/2012, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks all for your great information. Work schedule and other things have kept me quite busy...now the snow is here. Hoping to get back to work on it soon. H.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock Hill Farm View Post
        Thanks all for your great information. Work schedule and other things have kept me quite busy...now the snow is here. Hoping to get back to work on it soon. H.
        Hi Hal,

If you need anything, please go to Frank Conley's website and my contact info is on there now. Right now I may be able to help you on a few things like parts manuals, transfers and piston rings.

Happy New Year!

Cheers!
        Ken Sykes
        USA

Comment

Working...
        X