Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon 380 cc engine rebuild - electrickery

Gentlemen,

I know... I know... I know... I know... I should have taken a photo before taking it to bits, then I would not have to ask these questions.
    Please see photo attached of reassembly so far.

Please could somebody confirm that the square tab with a hole in it on the end of the black wire (which I'm going to replace/renew)
    goes under the nut on the thingy that holds the end of the contact breaker spring and the steel connector to the capacitor ?

And does the end of the wire from the coil go under the nut on the end of the capacitor ?

Probably better if the wire from the coil goes inboard of the coil and not close to the spinning rotor ?

Thank You
    Martin

Attached Files

The black wire does connect to the contact breaker, and the wire from the coil connects to the condenser, but it should have some insulation on it as well as a connector similar to the black wire.

Comment

Hi One bad wheel
      Thank you for the confirming my thinking. The wire from the coil does have some clear insulation which when bent to be inside the coil will
      likely insulate the wire all the way to the connection to the nut on the condenser.
      Thank you
      Martin

Comment

Working...
      X