No announcement yet.

Griffon tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mick you can use them for mx, i do & will be again next year, nothing wrong with them....I sent you a pic, when you were inquiring about your frame s/absorber mounts!!, well look at the pic again & look at the tyres...
    Last edited by dave higgins; 17/12/2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Knobblies!

Hi Dave, Mick, Andy,

Here's that pic you mentioned Dave, posted for Mick-see attached.

Don't despair Mick! These things come to try us when it comes to Greeves ownership, but we are made of sterner stuff! When the big day comes, and it's time to fire her up for that first special ride, all this will merely be the 'blacksmith's nightmare' that you always dreamed of!

.....I'm always looking for a bit of extra traction, me, so when Dicky F told me about a secret mod he uses from time to time (and most effectively, I might add...!), I decided to order a set for me TCS from an ad in Farmers Weekly, the quality gentlemans read, ooo arrr.

As you can see, my 'pit crew' had a heck of a job fitting them, and had to resort to 'beast kit' in the end (see Molegrips in pic...!) But once we (ahem, I mean they of course...one doesn't buy a dog and wag ones tail oneself, despite what you may read on here sometimes...) had overcome the chain clearance issues (now 0.00000000000000666"), joy was unconfined.

Eee got propa knobblies now!

Brian.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Brian Thompson; 17/12/2013, 09:08 AM. Reason: Pics attached.

Comment

If they fail the vigourous machine examination at a Pre-65 MXC meeting, I will personally remove the offending tyres and dispose of them at no charge.....

Comment

Knobblies, part 2.

You'll need to use mole grips though, like we did Brian....and have you seen the disposal charges for Massey Fergusson covers....

Comment

They make excellent decorative plant holders. (Plant as in growing, not as in machines)....

Comment

As Dave says, just use them. I can't see any reason for a scrutineer failing them anyway.

Comment

Griffon tyres

Hi all,
                Went to my local last night and had three pints of Harveys best. All three were good, which got me thinking that things might turn out ok after all. Logged on this morning and guess what.so many positive vibes from you all. Many thanks for your encouragement. Mick.

Comment

Ahh, the fluid of aces! If you drink Harvey's, you could ride on bald moped tyres and still win! Those tyres will be fine!

Comment

Harvey's Bristol Creme? I know a girl who has used it for years.....not made any difference!

Comment

AC10s are fine, though S12s are the best in the damp grassy stuff, but it never rains in England at scrambles

Comment

Griffon Tyres

Sorry i caused all that grief,
                        We dont check the tyres at scrutineering. As long as they are off road, use what u like. Your the one who has to stay on it. You can hit the deck with the most expensive tyres on. So just enjoy.

Terry Sewell

Comment

Working...
                        X