Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffon tyres

Hi all,
    Can anybody advise me on what make tyres to fit. Also what is the equivalent metric size for a 300x21 and 400x18 as i can't find any sites that still use these. Many thanks. Mick.

Originally posted by brokabolt View Post
    Hi all,
    Can anybody advise me on what make tyres to fit. Also what is the equivalent metric size for a 300x21 and 400x18 as i can't find any sites that still use these. Many thanks. Mick.

Comment

griffon tyres

Cheers John, A little to pricey but it's put me on the M&P site and i think i can get them cheaper there.

Comment

Originally posted by brokabolt View Post
        Cheers John, A little to pricey but it's put me on the M&P site and i think i can get them cheaper there.
        Yep they are Michelins though, cheaper brands are available, at least the ad gives you the equiv. metric sizes.

Comment

Griffon Tyres

Always have tyres suitable for Griffons on board, usually Pirellis Michelins.

Terry Sewell TDS Offroad M/cycles

Comment

griffon tyres

I got michelins. AC10. M&P Direct. Mick

Comment

Griffon Tyres

Hi Mick,

the AC10 michelins are for non competitive motocross and enduro use. Can be used on the road, but does not comply with FIM regs.
              Just some info.

Terry

Comment

Michelin AC10 tyres

Hiya Terry,
                That has really p....d me off. There was nothing written down on the website about it. It said they were road legal but nothing to say they wern't race legal. Oh well. If my gearbox is wide ratio i suppose i could put some lights on it.. Anybody got electronic ignition with lighting coils on they dont want.

Comment

Woops.....

Hiya Mick,

Really sorry to hear that mate....

....and Terry (hi!), and many thanks for posting the additional info. Hopefully it will save others reading this from being out of pocket.

Brian.

Comment

naff information.

Oh dear mick, who reccomended those?????????????????
                    But l did inherit a set of new ones on my griffon, which when i checked em out found the same as terry, but carried on using them, & personnally can`t tell any difference from my other mx bikes. so i would not worry...

Comment

AC10 tyres

Having assumed Mick you bought them from the eBay seller I posted, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICHELIN-A...item2c72ee2c39 as the advert clearly states these are Top Quality Competition Tyres for motocross off road use, then you have a case for your money back. Worth asking & if not report the ad to eBay & trading standards. Any reputable tyre supplier would exchange them for compliant ones or failing that give you your money back. Sorry if my original posting has given you grief.

It seems there is some confusion within the sport about the AC10 tyres hence this posting on the 'net' http://www.tracclub.co.uk/Articles/T...al/FIMComp.htm
                      it would appear that they are not even FIM/ACU compliant for enduro's
                      Last edited by John Wakefield; 16/12/2013, 09:22 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Hi Mick,

I think there might be a bit of confusion creeping in here. What are you planning to use the bike for? The only issue I can see is that the tyres are not FIM compliant for enduro use, so if you want to use them for motocross or on the road then they may not be best, but are perfectly legal. Vinduro have their own rules if you were planning on doing their events.

Cheers,
                        Andrew

Comment

Michelin AC10

Hiya Andy.
                          My intention was to race the bike once i had finished the restoration. I have just looked at the M&P site and there is nothing on it to say road use only,in fact it says competition use. It appears the powers above do not want me to finish the restoration or race it as i seem to meeting more and more obstacles with every stage of the re-build. I was joking when i said about putting lights on but maybe i should go down this road,at least i could use it for trail riding. The thought of taking the tyres off and the hassle of sending them back after the trouble i had with the frame etc is not one i'm looking forward to without a pint of Harveys best bitter in front of me(probably get a bad pint)..I will have to think on it. Cheers all. Mick

Comment

Michelin AC10

Originally posted by John Wakefield View Post
                            Having assumed Mick you bought them from the eBay seller I posted, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICHELIN-A...item2c72ee2c39 as the advert clearly states these are Top Quality Competition Tyres for motocross off road use, then you have a case for your money back. Worth asking & if not report the ad to eBay & trading standards. Any reputable tyre supplier would exchange them for compliant ones or failing that give you your money back. Sorry if my original posting has given you grief.

It seems there is some confusion within the sport about the AC10 tyres hence this posting on the 'net' http://www.tracclub.co.uk/Articles/T...al/FIMComp.htm
                            it would appear that they are not even FIM/ACU compliant for enduro's
                            Hiya John,
                            Not your fault. Although they were the same tyres i bought from M&P website. Cheers Mick

Comment

Michelin AC10

Hiya Andy.
                              My intention was to race the bike once i had finished the restoration. I have just looked at the M&P site and there is nothing on it to say road use only,in fact it says competition use. It appears the powers above do not want me to finish the restoration or race it as i seem to meeting more and more obstacles with every stage of the re-build. I was joking when i said about putting lights on but maybe i should go down this road,at least i could use it for trail riding. The thought of taking the tyres off and the hassle of sending them back after the trouble i had with the frame etc is not one i'm looking forward to without a pint of Harveys best bitter in front of me(probably get a bad pint)..I will have to think on it. Cheers all. Mick

Comment

Working...
                              X