• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you need lemonade with it then????

Comment

Don't do it kids!

Originally posted by Andy Z View Post
      Human consumption of methanol results in blindness, followed fairly rapidly by death!
      Yes....but it tastes so lovely!!!

I think the operative word here is 'human' Andy. As most people know, sadly, when I was born my mom never got a birth certificate, just a lab report....

I've never tried it with lemonade Brian! I presume 'R Whites' is the current fave mixer...(75-1 premix ratio, or more lemonade....?)

Seriously folks, Andy is quite right of course. Methanol is extremely dangerous. I was just messin' with me mate Dave!

ET.

Comment

alcohol abuse

clothes peg over the nose & drink it through a straw, it gives a better kick!!... seriously though kids, its not big & its not clever!!, but it is only 90p a litre...
        Andy is right of course, anyone messing with this stuff, faces a very short illness, followed by a very long period of being dead... don`t even think about it?.dave.

Comment

Thanks Brian - and there's me trying to keep it simple!

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post
          The attached pics won't 'appear' until the finished post is 'submitted', so don't worry if you don't see them after clicking 'upload'-you will see the name of the file attached instead. Incidently, even the right size pics sometimes take a few moments to upload so be prepared to wait a few seconds for it to do it's thing.
          Actually you can view your pictures before you submit the post simply by clicking "Preview Post" below.

Dave, resizing the picture down to 97.7KB or thereabouts will usually be necessary. Most digital cameras create files far bigger than that, for example the image from my digital SLR, at 200dpi, is two foot square and the file is 250times the size limit.

No way would that upload onto the forum, and you'd only be able to see a small part of it on screen anyway.

Oh, sorry, we're getting off topic here - I'll have to moderate myself...

Ooh nurse!
          Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 27/07/2012, 09:22 PM. Reason: Aplogy
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

Other Methanol side effects...!

Good points all Colin. That's the thing sometimes with the forum software, as in there are often several ways to achieve the same thing as we have found. We have only really scratched the surface of what we can do on here, in terms of uploads (i.e. pdf's, video, etc etc.) Always something new to learn!

Anyway, at least we now know thanks to Dave's fearless experimenting with his chemistry set (), that methanol is also an excellent solvent for araldite. However, coming back to Andy's warning of the hazards associated with it's use, I've always wondered why top fuel drag racers wear goggles with their 'gas masks'....I think it may be because of the side effects of long term exposure to the methanol vapours, especially combined all that staring at the starting lights 'Christmas Tree' waiting for green to GO!....

Brian.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X