Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks really good! Congratulations.

Comment

Wonderful Wessex, great job, cant wait to see the Ranger!!!!

Best Wishes: Mike

Comment

Now that is some nutty rear lamp! Mad 'bars also!

Congratulations on the rebuild. Handle nicely on bananas, don't they?
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

Thanks all!

You are very right on the money....This bike handles like a dream...figured it would be bulky and unruly....but not soo!

She took alot of fine tuning...but finally got her dialed in....she is a pleasure to share a ride with!

I love the bars tooo....even like the insect look with the mirrors...BUT mirrors useless as far as seeing anything but your armpits...LOL.

I want to get her street legal though for short memorial rides etc..so they are a must.

Hey...hooked the speedo up to a drill, ran it backwards...SHE is free and works.

However, since I switched out the back wheel for one off the Mx...the speedo gear...part in the hub...well in an attempt to get it off....teeth got messed up....

But a part I can get from Frank.

SOOO all thats left for road legal is brake light switch (bulb and unit set up for brakes allready) and A horn.....I want an air horn or the old model A ...
          "barooooogaaaa" horns!! Just me though!

THANKS to all for all the advice and support....Ya'll are the best!

Comment

Grizzy wins at a Harley show!

Hey all!

Sooo it's true. We took the Wessex and MCS to an Easyrider show in Knoxville, TN...great friendly folks! We set up our Greeves Display...enjoyed the show..some nice Brittish stuff...99% Harley customes, and some old school stuff! Great show!
            Never imagined we would get any trophies...just wanted to get out and meet folks and enjoy some bikes and introduce more Greeves to folks that most likely never heard of them...and bang....Right off at the awards ceremony...they announce the 2nd place "Peoples Choice" award of "Old School Antique"...is Tammy Johnson and her rare Greeves Wessex! I about fell off my chair!!!!
            Thats right, even the authenitc biker's love that Greeves. Folks came to this show to see insane custom Harleys....and they took the time to look over the Greeves and cast a vote for Grizzy......that's the best part of it all...The People picked her!
            We are so humbled and honored!

I think the funniest and very Tammy part was this....I was sooo excited that she won, and it was time to pull out...all these Harley's starting up and loud...I knew the thoughts behind the looks Grizzy was getting..."Hmmm, wonder if that ole thing even starts!"...Soo, I hop on her and Dave says..."Ok, we do have to leave tomorrow...so you better let me start her up for ya!"....to which I reply...."Back off MR....I will not only ride her out...I will show you...less than 4 kicks I predict!"....Soo off the stand she comes, choke adjusted...of course alot of eyes on me...so I pat ole Grizzy and rub her tank and give her the usual...come on girl, lets show them. And, primed the cases...and 2nd kick she fires to life.....however...I had not even thought of the gas/oil mixture and the smokey effect....mind you, she was the only 2 stroke of about 150 bikes.... LOL....there was just one section with a bike behind us....needless to say, his wife was NOT impressed...however, he grinned and gave me the thumbs up. On the other side of us was a few ladies with their harleys...nice gals, they gasped and asked aloud..."Damn...why she smokin' so bad??" I mouthed the words "2 stroke" and they beamed and mouthed back..."OH YEAH!" and gave me the thumbs up.

My perfect Greeves Moment!

I must admitt too...those hard core authentic bikers were some of the most kind, funny, and awesome folks I have had the pleasure of hanging out with!
            Attached Files

Comment

Brilliant story, well done.

Comment

You should have started the MCS. On the megga. That would have shown 'em!
                Colin Sparrow

Comment

YES, that would have drowned out a hundred Potatos!

Comment

Good am all!

Thanks...it really was a great time!

Sooo...We did try to start the MCS...Eleanor was a GRUMP! We just went all through her about a month ago...last time we took the Greeves out riding at the off road park.

We went through our pre ride check that day and...Eleanor wouldn't start for Dave...not even on a little Ether ...A few seconds after he pulled the plug and the cover to get to the points...I happened to catch, out of the side of my eye, LOL...His kill switch was with a wire pulled loose and it was touching the bars.......I had to LOL...Frank always says.."If your bike won't start...check the **&& kill switch first".

Anyway...he left the wire loose and as we rode...just touched it to the bars to turn off the engine...quite bad looking...

While she was open though..went through and checked the points etc...

Sooo...Eleanor was having a bad day or something...she refused to even bark.

One Greeves good day is another's bad day...silly ole girls!

Thanks again guys!
                    Tammy

Comment

Working...
                    X