Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blimey brian. what a reply. Very eloquent; & well put & thought out, i wouldnt have that kind of patience lol.

yes : i will be starting thread in projects with plenty of pics. It is good to start post & get people talking:
    I would have made diff choice on bike had i come on here first, but thats hindsight.
    i certainly wouldnt consider restoring as a std dcx,
    Love em or loath em, i,d just be throwing loads of money down drain, i simply woudnt find a buyer.
    So , scrambler it is then. & i can assure all it will be well done & sympathectically. With no expense spared. & nothing that isnt reversable should anyone want restore in future..
    Thank for youre input.
    btw. Thought i was a member: ive paid to join.

Comment

Need to get admin to upgrade you from Basic User on here, Max.

Admin, where are you?

Comment

Im in sheffield : Ive just emailed to get upgrade. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Max black View Post
          Blimey brian. what a reply. Very eloquent; & well put & thought out, i wouldnt have that kind of patience lol.

yes : i will be starting thread in projects with plenty of pics. It is good to start post & get people talking:
          I would have made diff choice on bike had i come on here first, but thats hindsight.
          i certainly wouldnt consider restoring as a std dcx,
          Love em or loath em, i,d just be throwing loads of money down drain, i simply woudnt find a buyer.
          So , scrambler it is then. & i can assure all it will be well done & sympathectically. With no expense spared. & nothing that isnt reversable should anyone want restore in future..
          Thank for youre input.
          btw. Thought i was a member: ive paid to join.
          Hi Max,

I enjoyed putting it together, although I'm not sure I've ever been accused of being 'eloquent before'...delinquent more like!! As for patience....it stands me in good stead while I'm waiting for a new thread to contribute to on here...... (just sayin'....)

Getting people talking is exactly what this forum needs right now so I'm delighted to hear that you'll be sharing your build with us in the 'Projects' section...go for it!! I can see exactly where you are coming from with your comments, and yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but at least you have offered the bike to anyone on here that wants to take it on as a DCX resto and that's all you can do....No takers I guess, so 'Project DC-X Trail' is about to begin....nice one!

I really like the sound of what you have planned and look forward to seeing your new thread with all the pics. In the meantime, hopefully Andy B (membership sec.) will pick this up and update you on here to GRA Member. Once that's done you'll be able to upload your pics, if there is any specific info you are looking for just give us a shout and we'll point you in the right direction. There's loads of good info to be found on here as well as some extremely knowledgeable members and I'm sure it'll all be really helpful going forwards.

If you want to share anything on your other 'non-Greeves' bikes from over the years as well, we have an area for that too, and I for one would be very interested in hearing more about your motorcycling career and the bikes you've put together as would others I'm sure. Here's a direct link to that thread, if you want to check it out....

Bikes other than Greeves - Greeves Riders Association Forums

Brian.

PS I can see that Andy has now updated your membership as I was typing this. Well done Andy, and once again welcome aboard Max. Looking forward to swapping a few lines with you as we go on.

Comment

Thanks very much brian, youve been a big help. I will certainly do as you suggest, need to learn how to post tho. Ive already learnt a bit & will no doubt have questions.

Comment

Im in sheffield.....
              Hey Max....aye lad, me dad were from Rotherham (and rode a few bikes off road with my uncle back in the day) so although I live in the Cotswolds these days (Leicester born and bred, originally) I'll always consider mesen' half 'Northern Monkey' and damn proud of it!!

I'll always remember taking the train to Sheffield with my mum to visit my uncle and auntie when I was a little kid and the famous 'leaning spire' that you could see from the train as it came into the city, and the smell of coal everywhere, along with black soot on everything! My, how times have changed eh....!!

Brian.

Comment

Hi Max from a new Greeves owner. Like you I’m lacking in Greeves knowledge but a long time rider (although I may be on the younger end of the ownership spectrum being 54).
                Ive a couple of other bikes including a Yamaha rd350lc. There is a definite link between them and Greeves ownership bar being strokers. My Lc was built over many years to reflect my own personal wants. It’s about as far from standard as can be mechanical anti dive, lightweight wheels, carbon fibre bodywork Tz700 barrels etc the purists aren’t a fan, other Lc owners can appreciate it and the engineering that’s gone into it. I built it for me no one else. Whilst I can understand the thoughts of some about rarity etc ultimately you are the owner you are the one riding it and my thoughts are build it for you it’s your bike and enjoy it. As you say in standard condition realistically who would ever buy it? We (middle aged blokes) are a dying breed and kids don’t seem to be interested in bikes like we were.
                enjoy the build and enjoy the bike. Best. Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Thompson View Post

Hey Max....aye lad, me dad were from Rotherham (and rode a few bikes off road with my uncle back in the day) so although I live in the Cotswolds these days (Leicester born and bred, originally) I'll always consider mesen' half 'Northern Monkey' and damn proud of it!!

I'll always remember taking the train to Sheffield with my mum to visit my uncle and auntie when I was a little kid and the famous 'leaning spire' that you could see from the train as it came into the city, and the smell of coal everywhere, along with black soot on everything! My, how times have changed eh....!!

Brian.
                  Great. I can virtually see crooked spire as live most southerly part of sheffield. Love it down lecester, some great biking rd,s. & mallory of corse. Here,s a pic of me @ mallory hairpin. Im no 7. 1986 gsxr 750. Year 2010.
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Last edited by Max black; 05/01/2024, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Hi tim I used to race an rd 350 in a gamma frame.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                    Last edited by Max black; 05/01/2024, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Donninton park 2001
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks very much brian, youve been a big help. I will certainly do as you suggest, need to learn how to post tho. Ive already learnt a bit & will no doubt have questions.
                        Just give us a shout Max if you need any assistance with getting your head around anything re posting on here, more than happy to help if needed. Same goes for info as I said earlier, no worries (Veg too, of course!)

Great pics Max, thanks for sharing them with us! Many happy memories of Mallory! I grew up just down the road in Leicester Forest East so it was very much our local. I even played a gig in the clubhouse once with an old band I was in at the time. It was fancy dress and I was dressed as a pixie ( long story.....ha!!!!)....we had a great night!

Brian.

Comment

Donninton park 2001
                          Flippin' 'eck Max! You are allowed to lean it over in the corners tha' kna's....!! ( Ha!)

Cracking shot! That bike is 'reet over' !!

Many fond memories of Donny too, a few 'Monsters Of Rock' festivals as well as race meets back in the day.

I'll post some handy links for you later on for the project, might be useful for Veg too.

Brian.

Comment

cheers fa brian

Comment

Heres a sample of my work. Bikes ive built over last 10 yrs. Won trophies with this sheene tribute bike.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Max black; 05/01/2024, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Bikes built in last 10 yrs.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X