New forum member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griffon 380

Hi, sorry not to have got in touch before, but welcome to the club on behalf of the committee, Rob, our Chairman and myself live along the coast in West Sussex and will try and get down to the Monthly meet at Shedfield one evening Nr Southampton as its about a 40 minute drive .

I will have the date soon for the annual Perce Simon reunion get together at just outside ringwood later this month or the begining of September on a Monday at about mid day , its a walk over the old sections that were used many years ago, and a talk and jokes provided by Mike jackson, refreshments, and a good mix of riders from the past , (and todays oldies also still competing) come along and have a natter and view the Photos etc that are laid out thaks again . Dicky

Comment

frame

Colin
      I was browsing the web looking for photos of Greeves when I came upon these, its a 1961 24TDS like mine the frame numbers are very close, mine is 61/1556 this one is 61/1590, 36 in it, The engine numbers are even closer mine is 863B 1838 and this one is 863B 1841. that's 3, if you look closely the rear mudguard supports are exactly the same, so unless the owner did the same mod on both bikes which is unlikely as mine spent its life in the London area and the other in the North of England I would hazard a guess and say they are original. But then as I said I am no expert.
      Attached Files

Comment

No, they're not. They should be straight.

(That's where having my book to refer to is helpful...)
        Colin Sparrow

Comment

frame

Colin
          I bow to your superior knowledge of Greeves history
          My original question was "has the arse end been changed", reply, frame is correct for a 24TDS, quote:- "rear mudguard frame has been altered", I accepted that, which answered my original question, but please look at the attached picture. from one of my books, the rear frame is the same and this is on a factory bike of the era? so obviously if it should be straight and it is not then it is not the correct rear end, apparently, but possibly from a scrambles machine of the time? Oops sorry I scanned it backwards.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Dicky,
            Sounds like a good day out with interesting people. Let me know when and I will try and be there.
            Craig

Comment

Craig - Sorry for the delay in upgrading you. I've been away and running the forum is a bit of a one-man-band job!

I'm also having to make best use of the weather/daylight in order to do some building work in the garden to earn brownie points!

The Perce Simon Reunion is a good day, well worth attending if you can.

I have a couple of Griffons and am trying to persuade Electrex World to produce an ignition for the later engines. My stocks of Motoplat are exhausted!

Anyway, I hope you find the forum useful!

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Hello Rob,
                I completely understand about building work and brownie points as I am forced through unashamed mental torture (my wife) to do my share.
                Also I did not have the patient to wait in the line when the good lord was giving out patients so forgive the lack of patients
                I have been lucky enough to buy a griffon engine that looks to have as good as new motoplat but I have yet to test it.
                I am looking forward to posting some pictures and helping out where I can.
                Craig

Comment

Working...
                X