New forum member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New forum member.

Hi, I have been a member on and off for many years but first time I have been able to get on the forum. Looking forward to helping and asking for help.
    I have three Griffon's in various states of condition and looking forward to restoring them over the coming winter. 1969 250 which I have owned for past 25 years and raced, Mk1 QUB bought in boxes 18 years ago, and a 1970 plus??? 250 which came from the USA last year without top end but with some very interesting frame and suspension modifications. I bought it for spares but have already got new top end and will get it back on the track eventually.
    Got my first Greeves Griffon for Christmas 39 years ago and have been Greeves mad ever since.

39 people have viewed my first post on the new members part of the forum and no replies or comments so I think I am doing something wrong from an introduction point of view.
    Also should be listed as GRA member and have tried emails and a private message to update to no success.

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE

Comment

Hi Griffon380
      Welcome aboard the forum, sorry that other fellow members have not posted a reply but I expect many of them will be away from their computers on holiday or busy riding their bikes. To get made up to a full member on the forum you need to email/PM Rob Thornton (Rob on here) & he will make you up to full GRA member. I am sure he will be along soon.

Comment

Hello John,
        My name is Craig. Thank you for your reply, hope to help out and be helped.

Comment

hello

Hi Craig
          Welcome to the site, I am also a new member from the Southampton Area, Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford. It took a while for me to get upgraded/forum access. But all sorted now.
          Owner of a 1960 Scottish, second Greeves I have owned, the first Back in 19**. as my first bike.
          Ted
          Last edited by Bunners; 03/08/2014, 12:33 PM. Reason: gramatical error

Comment

Hi Ted,
            I am in Southampton approx 2 days a week but bikes are in Belfast.
            Thanks for saying hello.
            Craig

Comment

Hello to both new members. You will find us helpful, but with the average age of our members being fairly high, you may find some differences with other forums, i.e, the jokes are a lot older! Use the search facility freely, this may give you answers to your queries without recourse to sitting and waiting for replies.
              Good luck with your bikes and send us plenty of pics....

Comment

Thanks Brian. I am no spring chicken myself and look forward to meeting people without the massive amounts of sarcasm you get on the other forums. (I have a few Japanese classics as well).
                TDS are already helping me find some parts and the 380 build will start soon.
                Craig.

Comment

Originally posted by griffon380 View Post
                  39 people have viewed my first post on the new members part of the forum and no replies or comments so I think I am doing something wrong from an introduction point of view.
                  Also should be listed as GRA member and have tried emails and a private message to update to no success.

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE

Welcome Craig from the USA!

Ken Sykes

Comment

photo

Hi Brian
                    Thanks for the welcome if I have done this correctly there should be a couple of photos attached of the thing I have. Its certainly not original that's for sure. The first owner was Colin Sealy in Kent but has spent most of its life in the London area. It now sports an age related plate as the previous owner wanted to retain the original, 291 MKN, its now 405 XUL. I do have the original buff log book and a couple of pics of the bike as it was in the beginning. I have had to do a complete engine rebuild as it was totally knackered, I certainly paid OTT for it, a warning never buy from ebay, when you have had a few glasses of the Red stuff and looking through Rose tinted glasses..
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Bunners; 05/08/2014, 10:22 AM. Reason: not finished

Comment

is it worth checking the spelling of the previous owners name , if it was colin seeley who lived and worked in kent , you have a bit of british bike history

Comment

Hi AA will
                        The buff log book first entry is Colin Jordon SEELEY, 38 Nuxley Road, Belvedere, Kent

Bunners

Comment

these are the pics I have. In the first one the original registration is just about visible. The engine and frame numbers all tie up with the Buff log book. First registered on 18th November 1960, chassis number 61/1556, eng 863B/1838. I am wondering if the arse end has been changed at some time in its life, but I am far from an expert on Greeves motorcycles.
                          Bunners
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Bunners; 05/08/2014, 11:44 AM. Reason: extra info

Comment

The single-piece rear sub-frame is correct for a 24TDS. It's just the rear mudguard stay which has been altered, presumably to accommodate the TES/TFS rear mudguard.

I was thinking of going for a black frame and forks with white plastic 'guards on the TFS I'm fiddling about with. Quite a good look that.
                            Last edited by Colin Sparrow; 06/08/2014, 08:15 AM.
                            Colin Sparrow

Comment

Hi Ken,
                              Thanks for the welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X