No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea!!

As long as there's plenty of notice, I could throw my 360 together for a meeting at Golding Barn. Would be a good chance to run it in.

Haven't been there for years, although from memory the jumps might be a challenge for bikes with 4" of suspension travel!

Cheers,
    Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sparrow View Post
      If it was exported to West Coast USA in 1967 it would certainly have passed through Nick Nicholson's dealership. He did sponsor riders, so you never know.
      Hi Colin,

The five port was not limited to the TT Challenger special I'm finding out over here in the states. I have a few standard Challenger engines with the additional port. Might have 5 in stock now. I'm running one in my MX4 as well.

Kenny

Comment

Hi Andy,

I was up at Robs today and he mentioned your post, I have ridden there a few years ago with the TRF when they had a fun day practice ride, prior to that it was riding in the South Coast Group Trials when Graham Beamish had the Farm , great land and a lot of happy memories too.

Be great to get up there sometime, only down the road from me as well at Arundel, nice to have you in the GRA , Dicky

Comment

Originally posted by Bearingman View Post
          Hi Colin,

The five port was not limited to the TT Challenger special I'm finding out over here in the states. I have a few standard Challenger engines with the additional port. Might have 5 in stock now. I'm running one in my MX4 as well.

Kenny
          Thanks Kenny. I think I only meant that the bike would have passed through the dealership. Useful to clarify that the additional port doesn't mean it was out of the ordinary though.

Colin
          Colin Sparrow

Comment

I took the works Greeves Griffons to the Past Masters race on the Downs ,

One was ridden by Bill Brooker & the other by Peter Vine . Interesting meeting with all the big names fro the 50's there .

It was organised by Derry Peston Cobb , afetr the meeting he was presented with a pencil drawing of the riders and himself in the middle .

It was hung on the wall of his office but vanished after the fire , oddly enough it appeared on e-bay some years ago .

Chris

Comment

Chris,

I don't think it was that one on Ebay! Cliff Carter, who not only drew the sketch but made the frame and used 'Letraset' for the lettering lives a couple of miles down the road from me. He was recently shown the picture (it is in safe hands) and could remember the timber merchant's foreman's name where he bought the wood for the frame but not the reason he was asked to make it.

However, a call to ex-Brighton member Peter Crook put the record straight.

Incidentally, Cliff used to passenger on the grass for Bruce Ford-Dunn who was almost unbeatable in his day. Bruce now lives in Spain and rang me the other day as he has just bought a Hawkstone. Just need to get him to join the GRA!

Keep the stories up! I am just about to do an article for LL on the '69 scramble, your details will be very useful. I still have the letters of complaint from the local nimby's! Everybody from the waterboard to the Ramblers had a go at stopping it and failed!

Still got a works Griffon somewhere - wonder if it was one of them?!
              Attached Files

Comment

Rob ,

The drawing that DPC had in his office was identical , perhaps several were done ?.

Bill Brooker was most put out when the drawing vanished as DPC had promised to give it to him .

Chris

Comment

Perhaps we could get a copy done for Bill?

Comment

Rob ,

I think Bill would appreciate that greatly .

Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X