No announcement yet.

Help Bike insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must admit I'm confused as I understood it was as John says but Max seems to have successfully gone down another route?

Comment

I dont think Max said he did not get club authentication but said he did not need his bike insured, there are other club DVLA authenticaticators other than GRA, so presume he used one of these. I cant see DVLA accepting an application without the initial club authentification and related paper work being completed. The DVLA inspection is something that has been in place for some time,not every application requires a DVLA inspection, so I presume they do this on a random basis and for vehicles that may have issues, ie incorrect or defaced VIN number or duplicate vehicles with same VIN number.

Comment

Come on Max tell us exactly what you did to get V5 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Max black View Post

Yes. Got dating certificate elsewhere as gra require ins, mot & charge for inspection. Go down other route. No ins or mot needed, & dvla inspection is free.
          inspection took place yesterday & all went well.
          Just waiting for v5 now.
          I am concerned that you may be spreading disinformation here for the www to see, regarding the clubs authentication service. Also, before DVLA arrange an inspection, you must have supplied them with authentication from someone who is authorised by the DVLA to do so, and that will have cost you money, a fact you seem to be skipping over. As you can see, some members are confused by what you are saying.
          Can the dating officer please come on here and clarify what is and isn't required, for the record?
          Last edited by IanCordes; 09/03/2024, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post

I am concerned that you may be spreading disinformation here for the www to see, regarding the clubs authentication service. Also, before DVLA arrange an inspection, you must have supplied them with authentication from someone who is authorised by the DVLA to do so, and that will have cost you money, a fact you seem to be skipping over. As you can see, some members are confused by what you are saying.
            Can the dating officer please come on here and clarify what is and isn't required, for the record?
            Well of coarse, would av thought that was ovs & dint need mentioning. & yes, theres a cost. I just didnt like the gra route, unless im mistaken it says on the forms, you need to insure & mot. The other route you dont. Simple. Y

So theres no disinformation. Like john says, there are other sources for authentication. Still a faf,
            Ya still need v55 etc, just not mot or ins. & dvla inspect foc.
            hope this clears things up.
            Heres a pic of gra form & whats needed.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Max black; 09/03/2024, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Clearly, the dating officer needs to clarify what is required.

Comment

Still no idea how he got V5C

Comment

Clearly the form needs up dating, MoT exemptions now set at a rolling 40 years so all Greeves bikes exempt.

Comment

I don't know where that form came from but it's entirely different to the one(s) I was supplied with by Stuart about a year ago.

1 Standard response to new enquiry.pdf

2 Machine Authentication Requirements.pdf

3 Application for inspection and Authentication Cert.pdf

Comment

This would appear to be an explanation for the confusion. Dave (Max) is looking at the wrong forms, presumably given to him in error?

Comment

Originally posted by IanCordes View Post
                        This would appear to be an explanation for the confusion. Dave (Max) is looking at the wrong forms, presumably given to him in error?
                        Never mind. All done now & v5 arrived. Yippee.

Comment

What reg number did DVLA give you Max? Looking frame number up on a VIN check web site it looks like they have allocated it 790XWB but make shown as ZY Motor whats that about?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by John Wakefield; 25/03/2024, 12:44 PM. Reason: reg number details added

Comment

Sent it back to be altered.

Comment

Working...
                            X